Monday, February 14, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "So Busy It's Overwhelming" Edition...

Less than 1 week to the wedding.  I have to rehem my dress, find my mother's broach to wear, go over to Jersey Wednesday to help with stuff and practice dancing with my son(had to even teach him the box step).  All the while planning a trip in March to Lousiana to see my DD and SIL then flying to Phoenix and more traveling.

Just breath Sluggy, breath....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned......
1. Sunday--Bought a bucket of KFC while out
2. Monday--Leftover KFC
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala w/Mushrooms, Veggie TBD, Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Copycat Bob Evans Salad
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
6.  Friday--Homemade flatbread Pizza, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Bought a bucket of KFC while out
2. Monday--Leftover KFC
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala w/Mushrooms, Green Beans, Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Copycat Bob Evans Salad
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Healthy Choice Turkey TV Dinner

The Squash Ravioli finally happened so the flatbread pizza moves to this week.  I had getting long in the tooth mushrooms so that prompted the Chicken Marsala meal this past week.  I used the last of the Bob Evans dressing on a salad this past Wednesday(but didn't top it with grilled chicken strips).  The beginning of the week was heavy on chicken so this week I'll concentrate on other proteins.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  a box of Super Pretzel
*  a package of gyoza dumplings

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  a package of Chicken Breast
*  a package of Green Beans
*  a package of Butternut Squash Ravioli

I spent $45.95 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $74.95 for February.  

There are 14 shopping days left in February.  

I've earned $126.65 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $10.13 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $8.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in February.
I've earned 5,341 points($5.34) from shopping on Fetch in February.
I earned 905 Kicks($3.62)from food shopping on Shop Kick in February. 
I've earned 943SB($9.43) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in February.

That's $144.78 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $74.95 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$69.83 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count(plus a $1.50 rebate sent to my Paypal account).
rah...

My savings percentage for the last week was 52.81%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 59.73% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Chicken Marsala, Green Beans.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Homemade Flatbread Pizza plus whatever crap Hubs eats watching Super Bowl
2. Monday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, leftover Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Tacos, Spanish Rice
4. Wednesday--Whatever I take out of the freezer.
5. Thursday--Ditto
6.  Friday--Ditto
7. Saturday--Ditto

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Hopefully nothing.  I have smithfield ham pieces in the fridge I want to make collards with but I am want to find fresh collards up here in February. sigh.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

  

3 comments:

  1. Things are getting exciting there! Which dress did you decide to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds busy!
    Safe travels, and I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. Wishing them much happiness.
    You know, I don't think I have ever danced with my son, except for the Wiggles and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed fairly well to plan, but I'm trying to eat done our foods, do a good clean out, and start again. We utilized leftovers well and that's always a win.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.