Friday, February 25, 2022

Frugal Friday.........the February 25th Edition

 So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste.  I didn't cook much last week as we were leaving for a few days for the wedding so we ate leftovers and just fended for ourselves a lot.  Free hotel breakfasts for 2 mornings, free wedding meal.  Let's not count the rehearsal dinner we shelled out for or the suitcase of White Castle burger my kids talked me into paying for on Saturday night. ;-)

*  I used an old Chili's gift card to buy Hubs, 
Ex-CB and I lunch on the way to NJ on Saturday so no OOP spent.  Ex-CB covered the tip.

*  I bought all  this at various Rite-Aids on Sunday and Thursday.......


Got  $5 in Ibotta rebates on the Max Freeze and Mitchum and spent BC on everything.

Bought this stuff at R-A South of town.  Nothing spent OOP and $6 in BC earned, $3 earned at Swag Bucks(Baby Ruths)and $11.75 earned through Ibotta($8 Max Freeze, $1.50 Honest, $2 Manuka, .25¢ Quaker).

I bought this stuff at my R-A.  For some reason a $2 ManuQ didn't come off and the register wouldn't take my BC to pay so I had to use a gift card.  I earned $13 in BC($3 dry skin, $3 Nivea, $1 Manuka, $5 Honest spent $15).
I earned $9.50 on Ibotta.  I also got a $1 post coupon on the Caress(forgot to use it).

* I bought all this stuff for Ibotta rebates on a trip to Walmart on Thursday....

Not pictured is a loaf of Nature's Own bread, 2 different bags of Back to the Roots Soils, a pack of BTTR seeds and a lb. of Challenge Butter.
The beans qualified for 2 rebates as did the Maxwell House coffee.  The Soft Soap refills were on clearance for $1 and gave me $2 each in Ibotta rebates so better than free,=.
The only items not Ibotta rebates was the kids Dove items.  That was a Shop Kick deal.

Spent $28.55 after coupons and free $25 gift card and earned back $34.38 back in reg. rebates and bonuses.

The Shop Kick items cost me $1.78 total after kicks.

*  I found some clearance deals at Walmart when I went to do my Ibotta haul as well.......


The 8 Nestle morsels and Fudge Kits were .50¢ each,  the Rempure rose body wash was $3.55(Rose scent is my Achilles tendon), the 2 immunity packs were $2 each, the Bic razors were -.04¢ after coupons and the probiotics were $1.
Not a bad haul overall.

*  I received 3 J&J gift cards in the mail totaling $25.......

Still waiting on that $50 R-A gift card corporate is supposedly mailing to me.  It's been 4 weeks almost and their HQ is a 2 hour drive from here.  By now I could have
walked there and gotten it in person!!!

*  I got lots of freebies at the hotel where the wedding was held..............

From mints to little bottles of toiletries to K-pods to tea bags and creamer packets to Kleeex to Tylenol to pens and notepads.  Even a dishwasher pod. lol

I also got some free sodas and water.......


*  I also got some extra sodas from the rehearsal dinner...

More on that later. 8-)

*   I found money!

I found a penny and a quarter at Walmart on Friday.



I found 3 pennies at the Burger King drive thru also on Friday.
I got .50¢ from my daughter before she flew home as she doesn't "use" money.
Silly Rabbit!


2  pennies and a crusty dime in the parking lot on Tuesday on the sidewalk outside of Rite-Aid.
And 2 pennies in Aldi and a quarter from an abandoned shopping cart in the parking lot on Thursday.

Big money this past week!+

Total Found in last Week...... $1.18
Total Found This Year......$3.27

That's about all I've got for this past week.

Let's not even talk about the money spent this past weekend in Jersey!!(rehearsal dinner, gas, hotel, bar drinks though I am pretty good at getting men to buy me drinks lol, late night snacks, booking trips, paying to Kennel dogs, etc.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend and stay warm!  


Sluggy  


5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more about the rehearsal dinner and wedding! --Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great haul and found money!! I found a quarter yesterday! Okay...frugal...My favorite store had another brand of tea for their BOGO. Chicken was on sale, and there was a $15.00 coupon. $65.00 groceries for $49.00. With the sale on tea, I have a month's worth of tea.

    At Target, I got 4 pack of Britta filters on sale, and I had a $5.00 gift card, as well as $2.00 digit coupon for some dish-soap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the trip was a success. I can't wait to hear more about the rehearsal dinner and wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got even more Hunt's tomato sauce for $0.72/can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a frugal week that I did not buy things.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.