Monday, February 7, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "I Wish I Wasn't Here" Edition...




It's cold as F*^k here!  It was 80F and sunny back in December 2021 in the Virgin Islands.  That larger boat was the one we took there.  Maybe we can move there or go stay for a month or two if we can find someone to watch the dogs for us and not charge us an arm and a leg. ;-)
How about you take our dogs for awhile Kim.  With all the animals and grandkids running around there you'd never even notice them. hehehe

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned......
1. Sunday--I didn't eat(see above), don't know what Hubs had
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff, leftover, Brussels Sprouts, Rice
4. Wednesday--Fish, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
6.  Friday--Homemade flatbread Pizza, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--I didn't eat(at hospital), don't know what Hubs had
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff, leftover, Brussels Sprouts, Rice
4. Wednesday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potatoes
5. Thursday--Ate Lunch out, I didn't have dinner
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Chinese Take-Out for Lunch, no dinner

Again, the homemade pizza and squash ravioli didn't happen and moves again.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  a box of Super Pretzel

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 lb. London Broil
*  1 box of fish
*  a box of Super Preetzel
*  a qt. of Ben and Jerry's

I spent $29.99 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $29.00 for February.  

There are 21 shopping days left in February.  

I've earned $51.12 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $10.13 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $5.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in February.
I've earned 258 points($.25) from shopping on Fetch in February.
I earned 150 Kicks($.60)from food shopping on Shop Kick in February. 
I've earned 942SB($9.42) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in February.

That's $67.75 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $29.00 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$38.75 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count(plus a $1.50 rebate sent to my Paypal account).
rah...

My savings percentage for the last week was 67.33%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 67.33% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Chicken and Dumplings, 1 helping each of Fish, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Bought a bucket of KFC while out
2. Monday--Leftover KFC
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala w/Mushrooms, Veggie TBD, Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Copycat Bob Evans Salad
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
6.  Friday--Homemade flatbread Pizza, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing.  I've got everything I just have to dig some chicken breast out of the freezer for the Marsala.  I'll save some chicken from the KFC bucket to top my Bob Evans copycat salad.  I made Colonial dressing last week to use on that.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

  

5 comments:

  1. Grocery deals has been abysmal, so I have been eating a lot of eggs, lentils, and items like that. I stuck to my meal plan last week. This week is curried lentil, cauliflower rice, tuna salad with greens. Been trying to stay away from processed food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take the dogs, how much to ship them here. Or better yet take them to Sis's she needs a wale up call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No great deals unless you count celery for $1.29/head. It is just in time because it is the only thing I really need/want. If Tommy wants red grapes that he loves, he can go into Aldi for them. I think they are $1.29/lb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you getting such a high return on Fetch? Mine says I need 10,000 points for a $10 gift card, or.1¢. you seem to be earning 10¢ a point if your 258 points=$2.58. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fixed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention SAM! Fetch is the easiest of the apps but the least fruitful. 8-)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.