Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Food Spending 2021............the October Report

 Onward to October's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for OCTOBER 2021.

I have posted October's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in October.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 25. 
*****************
BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $4.00
Value  $12.07
Savings  66.86%

CVS
OOP  $0.64
Value  $14.57
Savings 95.60%

LIDL
OOP  $1.58
Value  $4.98
Savings  68.27%

MALACARI'S Produce
OOP  $29.86
Value  $44..37
Savings  32.70%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Gift Cards  $469.74
Value  $469.74
Savings  100%

OCEAN STATE
OOP  $139.52
Value  $215.63
Savings  35.30%(Plus $55.80 in free gift cards to use later)

OLLIE'S
OOP  $12.56
Value  $20.12
Savings  37.57%

WALMART
OOP  $33.17
Qs/free Gift Cards  $54.59
Value  $87.76
Savings  62.20%

WEIS
OOP  $100.93
Qs/Sales  $83.38
Value  $184.31
Savings  45.24%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, CVS at 95.60% and Lidl at 68.27%.
The worst rate was at Malacari's at 32.70%. 
I shopped at 9 different stores in October.  

TOTAL Spent in October.................$322.26
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards...$261.55
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased....$583.81
TOTAL Savings of .............................44.80%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for October w/R-A..............$322.26
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards w/................$733.29
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$1,053.55
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items....................69.41%

This closes out the October food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I was having a very low spending month due to Ibotta not giving me any Bonuses(see how little I spent at Walmart? lol)but then Ocean State ran a Spend at least $30 and get 40% back on what you spent in free gift cards Deal. Sigh but not really sighing because this will lower my canned goods purchases for the future. ;-)
I also "spent" about half of what I usually do at Rite-Aid in October.  Not much Bonus Cash left and the deals were pretty slim there.  I still didn't have an under $300 food month in October but it was close. 8-)

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 6.42% in October 2021 to 69.41% compared to the September's 75.83% savings average.  Still a great savings rate!

With 10 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $3,272.53 on food/toiletries in 2021.

2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$3,272.53
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$16,439.36
2020 Grand Total Saved...............................$13,166.83
2020 Yearly Savings Total.............................80.09%

The average per month amount spent is $327.25 in 2021 so far.

My Ibotta rebate, Coupons dotcom, Checkout51 and Aisle totals for the year so far through September comes to $2,375.24 once I cash out.  Put that next to a full spending of $3,272.53 for the year so far and I've "actually" spent only $897.29 on food/toiletries for the year or an average of $89.73 per month.  Plus I've been able to donate to the food bank and share my haul bounty with others.
I love that I can do that!


LOOKING AHEAD To November 2021.......We won't be hosting Turkey Day Dinner but I have most things to still make some Thanksgiving dishes for us to enjoy afterwards.  I found 3 turkey breasts in the chest freezer when I organized it so one of those will get used.  We are already 1/3 of the way through the month and soups/stews/casseroles will be making appearances on the dinner table again and those are food stretcher meals and leave a bevy of leftovers.  I have my doubts but if butter and not as much if sugar go on Holiday sale I'll load up on those in November, hopefully a year's worth if the prices are great(but we aren't that optimistic).  I don't do much baking for the Holidays but butter is usually at rock bottom this time of year and we are coffee/tea drinkers so some rock bottom sugar would be a bonus.  I should definitely be able to keep the food tally under $300 for November, even with stocking up on butter and other staples on special.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in October?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I've just determined I don't have the interest,inclination, or apptitude to search out the deals, so I'm trying to manage our spending with humble meals that are delicious and moderately healthy, with adding loss leaders to our pantry and freezer when they present to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave the deal getting to Bailey. LOL

    I love how little you have spent this year of food when figuring in all your cash back and rebates, etc. you inspire me, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.