Monday, November 22, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

The "I Hope There is Booze" Edition...

Hubs and I have been invited to Thanksgiving at my son's future in-laws house this year.  After I dash off to Rite-Aid first thing Thursday we'll set off for NJ and Ex-CB will stay here to watch the dogs.  I don't know what awaits us as far as the meal.  I've always cooked or gone to my mom's for Turkey Day so I don't know what to expect.  I'll be bringing a family recipe, Yeast Rolls from my Great Aunt Lula's recipe.  Maybe I'll stash a bottle of wine in the car just in case too. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Chicken and Dumplings
2. Monday--leftovers
3. Tuesday--Chinese Take-Out?
4. Wednesday--Hungarian Goulash
5. Thursday--? Hub is cooking so prolly leftovers
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Sauted Cabbage, Taters of some ilk
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Chicken and Dumplings
2. Monday--leftovers
3. Tuesday--Hungarian Goulash over Noodles
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself(I had a late lunch so no dinner for me)
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out
6.  Friday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges
7. Saturday--Pizza

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 plant based Chicken pot pie
*  2 bags of Brussels Sprouts
*  1 box of Garlic Toast

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1/2 London Broil
*  1 Whole Chicken
*  1 pack of Ground Beef

I spent $86.09 on food/toiletries/HBA last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $188.96 for November.

There are 8 shopping days left in November.

I've earned $148.65 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $19.00 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned $19.65 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in November.
I've earned $0 from Aisle.
I've earned 19,821 points from shopping on Fetch in November which equals $19.82.
I earned 4,735 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November which equals $18.94.
I've earned 1,130 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in November which equals $11.30.

That's $187.30 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $188.96 in grocery spending so in reality it's $1.66 spent after the 4 rebate apps I count.  Yay me.....

My savings percentage for the last week was 61.49%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 59.46%(w/out R-A).  Pretty awesome savings rate last week!

Leftovers going into this week....3 servings of Goulash, Sloppy Joe filling, 1 serving of Sweet Potato Wedges.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken Parm, Brussel Sprouts, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--leftovers
3. Tuesday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Sauted Cabbage, Au Gratin Taters
4. Wednesday--Whatever
5. Thursday--Dinner at future in-laws
6.  Friday--Thanksgiving leftovers
7. Saturday--More Leftovers

Though I'm not hosting Turkey Day this year I am cooking a small dinner.  Ex-College Boy will be spending the afternoon here to take care of the dogs on Thursday so I am cooking on Wednesday a turkey breast, stuffing, pie and rolls(taking most of the rolls with us to NJ)so he has the basics for Turkey Day.  If he wants anything else(potatoes, gravy, veggies)I have the ingredients here and he can whip those up.
Those poor pork chops just keep moving forward every week and don't get fixed.  Maybe this week? lolz

I've got everything here to make the minimal menu outlined.  I have half a cabbage to use up so that's why it's on the menu, to avoid food waste.  We did waste a bag of salad last week unfortunately but that was all.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Not a thing.  It's all here.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



  

3 comments:

  1. Our plans to travel to CT for Tday were canceled due to my surgery. Instead, we will stay home, just the two of us, and we've ordered a meal that will be pre-cooked - we will pick it up the day before and reheat here at home on Tday. It is a simple meal of the basics: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Roasted Brussel Sprouts. I also purchased some cranberry sauce and will be making gf stuffing and rolls. Nice, simple, easy, and perfect for two.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I don’t have to buy anything to complete my menu for the week. I hope you have a good Thanksgiving at your sons future in laws. Good idea on hiding wine in the car. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome savings!Wow!
    Safe travels, and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Wishing your son and future dil much happiness. Yum on the rolls! I've tried to replicate my Mom's rolls, but mine don't taste the same. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.