Monday, November 1, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Day After Halloween" Edition...



This made me giggle.

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Rotisserie Chicken, au Gratin Taters, Corn
2. Monday--Leftover Rigatoni and Meat Sauce, Salad
3. Tuesday--Steak, Baked Potatoes, more Salad or ?
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Green Beans, leftover au Gratin Taters
5. Thursday--TV dinners
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Rotisserie Chicken, au Gratin Taters, Corn
2. Monday--Leftover Rigatoni and Meat Sauce, Salad
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, Green Beans, leftover au Gratin Taters
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out(I had hot and sour soup)
6.  Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Root Veggies
7. Saturday--Pork Teriyaki Stir-fry

I was doing well with a low spend October until Ocean State decided to hold that 40% back in gift cards on what you spent last week.  But that will be a future win when I cash in the gift cards.  And I still managed to stay well under $400 for the month anyway.
go me. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 TV dinners
*  a vegan Pot Pie
*  5 lbs. boneless Chicken Breast

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*   2 Pork Tenderloins
*  bag of Root Veggie strips(no potato)
*  Chicken Patties
*  Green Beans
*  Marinated Pork Loin
*  Bag of stir-fry veggies

I spent $200.64 on food/toiletries/HBA last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $322.26 for October.

There are 0 shopping days left in October.

I've earned $80.85 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $3.64 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $5.25 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in October.
I've earned $4.00 from Aisle.
I've earned $3.27 from an ice cream offer.
I've earned 1544 points from shopping on Fetch in October which equals $1.54.
I earned 1875 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October which equals $7.50.
I've earned  9008 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in October which equals $9.00.

That's $97.01 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $322.26 in grocery spending so in reality it's $225.25 spent after the 4 rebate apps(+the ice cream offer)I count until I cash out on the other three apps and cash in the $161.25 in Crazy Deal gift cards from OSJL. 8-)))

My savings percentage for the last week was 40.31%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 44.80%(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....1 Pork Tender loin, some root veggie strips.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--free take-out Pizza
2. Monday--Steak, Baked Potato, Salad
3. Tuesday--?  working the election
4. Wednesday--Leftover Pork Stir-fry w/noodles
5. Thursday--Pecan crusted Salmon, leftover root veggies, au gratin Taters
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Taters
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I've got everything except for Tuesday.  I don't plan on going to the grocery store this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



  

4 comments:

  1. Super rebate deals! I am wowed as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deals and more deals. Nothing here like that, but I think I can avoid stores for at least a week. I made spaghetti and meatballs and there's a few meals of leftovers. I think goulash another night, stir fry and rice, and homemade pizza to round out. I have a girls weekend so he'll eat leftovers or pick up something with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol..that photo is too funny. I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely hate crocs. Its just the ugliest shoes ever made.

    Awesome deals as usual. I don't know how you manage to do so many rebates. Hope your Ibotta bonuses have returned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pasta bake and pot pie are the big meal plans for the week. I’m trying to burn some PTO so only working from home as needed the rest of the week. I’ll just wing it when the leftovers are gone.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.