Friday, November 5, 2021

Frugal Friday....the November 5th Edition

 November is here and Fall is fading away into Winter here.  My flowers died last night as we had our first frost off the season.  If I had grown collards this year it would be the day to start harvesting them.

Here are my frugal wins for this past week.....

*  Had to return to the dentist for an old filling repair.  That wasn't so frugal but I came away with these....


Free Samples.
And these......

A stack of dental coupons.

*  Last Friday I hit up a CVS for .14¢ toilet paper and found 10........

I am not counting those in my food spending because I paid for them with some WAM and they were bought specifically to give away to the food bank.
The 2 tubes of toothpaste were free after digital coupon and the lip balm was .64¢ OOP after $5Q and a few cents of rewards on my account.

* I also hit up Weis(PMITA)Markets the same day and the best deal were these.....

4 bags of Hall's cough drops.  They were 50% off/discontinued so $1.14 each.  I had 4 x $1.50/1 printable Qs from coupons dotcom AND I submitted to Checkout51 for 4 x $1 rebate so I got paid $5.44 to bring those home. 8-)))

*  Here's my loot from Rite-Aid for the week........1 transaction I used a $6/$30 coupon......


10 x battery packs
2 x Nivea men's body wash
2 x Vitamin Water drinks
1 x small candy bar(not pictured)
2 x Talenti gelato(not pictured)
6 x Colgate toothbrushes
$105.06+ tax paid for with Bonus Cash
$109 earned in new BC.  All free even though the Talenti wasn't free after BC.

The RA batteries, Colgate optic white toothbrushes and Talenti/Magnum ice cream BC deals were glitching and giving back double making most of them free.
Gelato for me and more toothbrushes for the food bank!

*  Speaking of R-A.......


Two of these $6 when you spend $30 coupons arrived in the mail this week which are good through 11/30/21.  The same purchase based Qs have been printing at the end of receipts this week too. 8-)



*  I found money!


I ran into R-A after the polls closed on Tuesday for the Talenti and found 3 pennies too....1 by each register and the third by the pharmacy.


This big boy was found at R-A too on Wednesday under the candy rack by the register.


Thursday I found this gem of course, at Rite-Aid too near the front of the store.


And a quick run into Weis also on Thursday had me finding this penny in the foyer where they keep the shopping cart.

Total Found This Week...... .39¢
Total Found This Year.......$19.27
We're heading toward 20 Bucks found!

*  And everyone will be happy to know that as soon as October ended, I started getting Ibotta Bonuses again(as did the YouTuber who also had this happen to them).  So weird but I am glad to have them back.  Ibotta is doing the "free Thanksgiving" promo again this year.  If you buy select items you get a full refund on them! Items for making classic Turkey Day dishes like mashed potatoes, french fried onions, mushroom soup, gravy mix, cranberry sauce, stuffing, etc.  Except in order to get the free turkey deal you either have to sign up as a new member OR if you are already a member you have to have someone sign up under your referral code(and then both of you get the turkey deal).
If anyone is inclined my referral code is MKAAXA.  I would appreciate it. 8-)
That's about it from me.



What frugal goodness happened to y'all this past week?
Let's hear all about it!

Sluggy




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week, Sluggy. Those were some great freebies from the dentist. I found a couple of pennies at the gas station when I filled up my car this week. I had to use the back scratcher to scoot one over to me. I thought of you when I saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shopping the pantry is the extent of my frugalness recently. However, I have no food waste, so that is good. Been a bit more focused on my meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn’t left the house all week until a Kroger pick up order today. Mostly purchased sale and coupon items so spent about $44 and saved $33. Total was so low because items were out of stock as usual.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome that you collect items for the food bank!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.