Monday, November 15, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "Cooking Will Be Interrupted This Week" Edition...



Here is the original kitchen tile backsplash in my house.  It was lovely back in the 1980's when the house was built and matched the ivory and dusty blue fleur-de-lis wallpaper in the kitchen with the dusty blue duck wall border along the ceiling. ;-)
Now?  It needs to go...like the wallpaper and border went when we moved in. lol
Our "guy" is here today and the next two days to rip it out and replace with this which matches the newer counter tops and the black appliances......

With the stove in the middle of the room, unplugged and with a tile saw on it I won't be able to cook for a few days.  We do have two leftovers we can reheat in the microwave but otherwise there will be take-out.  Yes, I will go so far as to remodel a kitchen to get out of cooking. *snort*

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--leftover Pork Stir-Fry w/noodles
2. Monday--leftover Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Salad
3. Tuesday--Halushki using leftover egg noodles
4. Wednesday--Pecan crusted Salmon, au gratin Taters, leftover root veggies w/added sweet potato
5. Thursday--? Hub is cooking
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Taters
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--leftover Pork Stir-Fry w/noodles
2. Monday--leftover Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Salad
3. Tuesday--Fend For Yourself(Hubs at tv dinner, I didn't eat-still full from Sub lunch)
4. Wednesday--Pecan crusted Salmon, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Halushki
6.  Friday--Hot Dogs on rolls, Baked Beans
7. Saturday--a McDouble on the ride home from the Bridal Shower

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 6 lbs. of Butter
*  2 packs of Chicken cutlets

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 large piece of Salmon
*  1 pack of Bacon
*  1 pack of Hot Dogs

I spent $35.88 on food/toiletries/HBA last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $102.87 for November.

There are 15 shopping days left in November.

I've earned $81.49 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $18.75 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned $7.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in November.
I've earned $0 from Aisle.
I've earned 7,772 points from shopping on Fetch in November which equals $7.77.
I earned 4,735 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November which equals $18.94.
I've earned 1,118 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in November which equals $11.18.

That's $107.24 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $102.87 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$4.37 spent after the 4 rebate apps I count.  Awesome sauce!

My savings percentage for the last week was 74.56%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 57.59%(w/out R-A).  Pretty awesome savings rate last week!

Leftovers going into this week....3-4 servings of Halushki, 5 Hot Dogs(because I cooked a full pack).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken and Dumplings
2. Monday--leftovers
3. Tuesday--Chinese Take-Out?
4. Wednesday--Hungarian Goulash
5. Thursday--? Hub is cooking so prolly leftovers
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Sauted Cabbage, Taters of some ilk
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Not a thing.  that's not to say I won't buy anything this week as I am 18 items from the Ibotta Give thanks $10 Bonus and I got a $5 Midweek Bonus for 18 items so I'll be finishing up both of those Bonuses w/18 rebates and then I am done Ibotta for November unless they release some rebates of items I can pick up for the Food Bank.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



  

4 comments:

  1. Double excitement! A new kitchen and no cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, what a gorgeous new backsplash! Major jealousy here. My backsplash is original to the house, which was built in, I believe, the late 50's, and the condition of the backsplash shows it. Multiple tiles (which are plastic) are cracked or bent, and several are missing entirely. Plus they're that lovely shade of institutional bathroom green. It's as charming as it sounds (especially when paired with the similarly old kitchen floor *cringe*), but my husband isn't much one for aesthetics, so since the entire roof isn't caving in, he doesn't see a problem. So enjoy that gorgeous new backsplash a little for my sake!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, but boy is redoing a kitchen a mess and a chore. Sis is doing hers right now also. You guys are in for a rude awakening, as it always takes longer than they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have that exact same tile in our bathroom. (The new tiles you're putting up.) We love it. I have fallen out of habit with proper meal planning, but hope to return to it soon.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.