Monday, November 8, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "Organize the Chest Freezer" Edition...


While I was visiting Sissie in October our chest freezer died at home.  Hubs sent me a text, "Mr. freezer, he dead.".  Hubs got a new one that same day and saved most of the frozen assets(not the ice cream *sniff*)but he had just thrown everything in the new machine.  Last week, when I finally had to turn to the freezer to grab dinner I couldn't find anything I wanted!!

So I spent most of a day last week gloved up, hauling everything out into coolers and organized the whole blasted contents into the new freezer.  It was odious work, dare I say cringe-worthy, but it's done now and I know where everything is.  And I realized I have THREE count 'em three! turkey breasts in there(2 reg./1 smoked)so I am not worrying about trying to obtain a bird from the supermarket free/cheap turkey schemes for Thanksgiving.  It's a good thing as I have under $100 worth of points at Weis(PMITA)Markets right now and you need $400 worth to get a free bird. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--free take-out Pizza
2. Monday--Steak, Baked Potato, Salad
3. Tuesday--?  working the election
4. Wednesday--Leftover Pork Stir-fry w/noodles
5. Thursday--Pecan crusted Salmon, leftover root veggies, au gratin Taters
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Taters
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--free take-out Pizza
2. Monday--Steak, Baked Potato, Salad
3. Tuesday--Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
4. Wednesday--Leftover Pork Stir-fry w/noodles
5. Thursday--Subway sandwiches
6.  Friday--Mexican out
7. Saturday--Mushroom and Beef Stroganoff, Noodles

I knew Tuesday would be a crapshoot for dinner(we worked the election)but Thursday I wasn't up to fix dinner with my Humira shot.
Sissie came Friday so we went out for dinner and nobody wanted a veggie Saturday night with dinner so there's that.  We tried a new Aldi dip "Dirty Martini" with bagel chips before dinner instead.  Yummy!

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 single plant-based Burrito
* 1 bag of Veggies

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*   4 petite steaks

I spent $66.99 on food/toiletries/HBA last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $66.99 for November.
I would have spent less but Ibotta gave me a Bonus finally so I picked up most of the Free Thanksgiving items at Walmart but I had to get a few more items to hit the Bonus so the trip wasn't free after rebates.  Plus Sissie took me to Aldi's looking for something her store was out of and they had the Christmas Spekulatius(German spice almond cookies)so I bought 3 boxes for the Holidays. 8-)

There are 22 shopping days left in November.

I've earned $24.88 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $4.00 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned $5.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in November.
I've earned $0 from Aisle.
I've earned 2,123 points from shopping on Fetch in November which equals $2.12.
I earned 800 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November which equals $3.20.
I've earned 212 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in November which equals $2.12.

That's $33.88 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $66.99 in grocery spending so in reality it's $33.11 spent after the 4 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 34.02%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 34.02%(w/out R-A).  Pretty blah savings rate last week but that's ok.

Leftovers going into this week....some root veggie strips, pork stir fry w/noodles, stroganoff, egg noodles.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--leftover Pork Stir-Fry w/noodles
2. Monday--leftover Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Salad
3. Tuesday--Halushki using leftover egg noodles
4. Wednesday--Pecan crusted Salmon, au gratin Taters, leftover root veggies w/added sweet potato
5. Thursday--? Hub is cooking
6.  Friday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Taters
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato wedges

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Just a small head of cabbage.  I didn't do the Weekend Ibotta Bonus and haven't gotten a Midweek Bonus yet so there may be little food shopping this week other than that cabbage and a bottle of milk.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kudos to you for organ your freezer. I like knowing where things are so I can used them up. Augratin potatoes sound delicious. I need to add that to our menu this week. Everything sounds delicious. I hope you have a great week, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice save by your husband and good job you in organization. I thought if you when ai voted while the workers were getting a bit if pizza. One apologize d for eating, but I heartily thanked him for doing his job and to enjoy his well deserved slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for organizing the freezer. This week, hard boiled eggs and sweet potato for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, and chicken with Brussels sprouts and spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than welcome to come here and clean and organize my four deep freezers. I do have coolers and Hubby said he would get you gloves LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.