Friday, November 19, 2021

Frugal Friday......the November 19th Edition

 A few frugal wins for this past week..............

*  Friday saw all this going to the local food bank.....


118 items gotten for free or for very low cost with sales/loss leader/couponing/rebating.

*  I spent very little OOP at the grocery store this week thanks to free gift cards.

*  When Sissie came to visit she brought me a giftie I forgot to show last week.......

A neat Santa shopping bag.  I'll think of her every time I use it! ;-)

*  Lots of freebies last week at Rite-Aid..........

I rolled/converted to cash/spent down under $40 in Bonus Cash for all this(+some items not pictured, many that went to the food bank).  Nothing spend out of pocket.

*  Sissie also alerted me that Aldi had butter for $1.99 lb. this week so I hit up Aldi's here and picked up 6 lbs.

*  I attended the Bridal Shower last Saturday for my son's fiancée.  I won two of the games we played.....

The two flat black packages were those prizes(each had a bag of specialty tea bags, a bookmark with a famous author's quote on it and a piece of jewelry).  It was a "Bridgerton" themed shower....we drank tea from proper china cups and saucers and ate finger sandwiches and scones.  We played Jane Austen word searches, had to guess things about the bride and then a shower gift Bingo.  The party favors were the pair of bride and groom pretzels enrobed in chocolate and the cup and saucer with dainty handmade candies and more tea covered with shimmery netting and a bow.

*  Our kitchen backsplash got installed this past week!

First a reminder of the 1980's tile work we had removed.........


And now we are 40+ years into the future.......

                                        


The handyman only took 1.5 days to finish the job too!  While having work done on your house isn't frugal per se, Hubs added up both bathroom jobs and this tile work and it cost us LESS to have our handyman do all 3 jobs than the big contractor company wanted for just the main bathroom job.  So I'm calling this a frugal win! ;-)

*  Speaking of house projects, Hubs tackled a long delayed small job of replacing the hall closet doors.  We actually only had 1 bi-fold door after Ex-College Boy fell into the other door and broke it when he was home from college on break a few years ago.  Hubs finally bought new doors, painted the backsides and installed them(well, he installed them twice because the first time he put them in upside down!lol).  I'll post a photo once we get the fronts of the doors painted. ;-)
We are slowly chipping away at the house projects list......

*  I found money!


2 dimes next to my car in the parking lot at Walmart last Friday.

This nice shiny penny was leaning up on one of the frozen food case doors at Weis last Friday as well.

Found a penny at a Rite-Aid in NJ after the Bridal Shower when I went in to get some gift cards there.


Found a quarter at Weis on Wednesday when I went in for 2 items to finish my Mid Week Bonus.

Found This Week... .47¢
Found This Year...$20.03 

Woohoo!  Passed the $20 0f found change mark for the year!

That's about all I got for the week besides the usual stuff.


What frugal victories did you have this past week?  Let's hear all about them!


Sluggy



11 comments:

  1. That is a nice load you are taking to the food bank, Sluggy. I know they will appreciate it as will the families who receive those items. You did great at Rite Aid this week too. I like your new back splash. Have you seen Frugal Queens backsplash in her kitchen? I like it too. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful load to the food bank my dear. I would not want to go against you for any kind of game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Sluggy! Awesome shopping. The food bank will really appreciated your generous donation. I like your new back splash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice food bank delivery. How exciting to have another wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! How amazing and wonderful of you to donate all of that. Some of my volunteer work involves putting together lists of food pantries and I've had occasion to view the lists of what they need. They'll appreciate that SO much!!!

    I love that you keep track of the money you find! Where I used to live in TN, I found money ALL. THE. TIME. Not so much here, but I've chalked that up to the fact that we have sidewalks here, but didn't in TN. Money would fall out of cars when people got out after parking by the curb and I would walk by and pick it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tiles. Mine look kinda similar to yours. I had my entire kitchen redone a few years ago. The other day I found the before and after pictures. I am sure your donations are appreciated by those who are in need. Unfortunately, the number of people who need help are on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a box of goodies to donate as well. I decluttered my pantry last week, and I have quite a bit of stuff I know I will never use. BTW, you kitchen backsplash is amazing. #dreamgoals

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following your blog for about 2 years and just love it. What a blessing you are to the Food Bank and to all the families receiving assistance. Such difficult times we are living in. LOVE that backsplash!!!

    Be Blessed,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been to a bridal shower; I did not know they had themes or games.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.