Monday, August 24, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "More Veggies From the Garden" Edition...............


More ripe tomatoes that the critters didn't get first.  We've been getting one or two at a time, not a deluge.  I need to not eat a lot of tomatoes so Hub has been slicing them for lunch sandwiches mostly, though I did make myself a BLT last week with one and it was heaven. 8-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--FFY(I had oatmeal for dinner)
2. Monday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Grilled Salmon, Salad
4. Wednesday--? Not making dinner so who knows??
5. Thursday--Meatloaf(I'll make ahead for Hubs), the rest TBD and Hubs responsibility
6. Friday--Chicken Pot Pie
7. Saturday--Chinese Take-Out

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--FFY(I had oatmeal for dinner)
2. Monday--Leftovers(Pork Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/Veggies
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Carrots
4. Wednesday--We went to Bob Evans in Hershey(I had a big salad)
5. Thursday--Meatloaf(Beef/Chicken), Corn on Cob, Strawberries
6. Friday--Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Chopped Asian Caesar Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers(Stroganoff, Rice, Strawberries)

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.
I made a meatloaf on Tuesday for later in the week so Hubs fried/browned slices up in a skillet and he grilled local corn from Sharp Shopper we hit on Wednesday after the surgery.
I mixed the leftover pack of ground beef w/what was left of the pack of ground chicken(after making a meatloaf w/veggies shredded into it)and browned it.  Part of that went into the Helper meal and part into this past Sunday's meal.
That last chopped salad from Price Chopper we got the previous week was still good so we had it Friday(though I had oil and vinegar on mine as the dressing included was too spicy!)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 tv dinners

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* a small London Broil
* ground Chicken
* ground Beef

We spent $56.48 between CVS and Sharp Shopper bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $354.64 so far this month.  So much for a low spending month. ;-)

I've earned $91.96 on Ibotta in August so far since last week.  $10 more from Rite-Aid and $11.76 from the Cash Pool Bonus. I've got more coming from Sunday's Weis(PMITA)Markets shop too(will add that in the next report when I add that shop in too).
I've earned $4.25 on SavingStar in August so far but am closing in on a $5 wys $25 GM cereal rebate there as well.

My savings percentage for last week was 72.29%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for August and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 57.44% so far.(w/out R-A).  Much better than last week's percentage because of the CVS shop mostly which was over 80%(though the Sharp Shopper shop was over 40% too).

Leftovers going into this week......Beef Pie, Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Meatloaf, Hamburger Helper.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Sloppy Joes, Strawberries
2. Monday--TV dinners
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--TV dinners
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Anniversary Dinner out or more Lobster from PC?
7. Saturday--Grilled Salmon and whatever fresh produce I can find

What needs buying for this menu?  Might get Lobsters again as they are still cheap(not as cheap as last week but close).  I don't feel like cooking(and Hubs doesn't either)so we'll eat all those tv dinners this week.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home(not that I'm referring to/using it at this point with the heat).
* Shrimp Scampi
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. It is good to see you are better and writing. Those are pretty tomatoes. This is the week that deals and ads are slim. So, I will just hold tight on any spending on food until the first of September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on the BLTs from last week. We are loving the fresh tomatoes right now too. We have an Amazon order coming today, but that is probably all the "grocery" shopping we will do this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s been Indian food for lunch and dinner since Saturday lunch. I made a two week meal plan but nothing sounds good so maybe sandwich night tonight.

    Plant based milks were $1.99 if you bought 5 but Kroger was out of our regulars. So we have a bunch of cashew and oat milk for the next few weeks. I did find diet cherry 7 Up for the first time in many months which was exciting.

    More people protesting and fighting downtown and almost none of them wearing masks! We’re doing grocery store pickup and only leaving the house for dog walking from now on.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.