Friday, August 21, 2020

Frugal Friday....the August 21st Edition

 Here's an abbreviated posting of what was frugal around Chez Sluggy this past week.

*  I spent $12 in ECBs at CVS that were expiring.........

$ worth of items for .96¢.  I earned $12.50 in new ECB too.

* I found money!


.12¢ total at my local Rite-Aid on Tuesday.  Two pennies in front of the register counter and a dime under the adjacent candy rack.

Go me.

Total Change found this week. .12¢
Total Change found this year....$47.62

*  I got 1 tube of Colgate on Monday..........

Stacked two coupons and used the .25 overage toward ink cartridges for Hubs, printer.

Then I went to my R-A on Tuesday and got this...........

2 transactions--

First I bought.........

3 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$10.50

2 x Hot Pockets $2.39 w/20% Wellness disc.=$4.58 *not pictured*

.SubTotal...........$15.08

Coupons Used

3 x $3/1 In-Ad R-AQ=$9.00

1 x $5/3 select Colgate toothpaste L2CQ=$5.00

Coupon Total......$14.00

$15.08-$14.00=$1.08 paid with BC.

I earned $2 in new BC($2 wyb2 select frozen)so a .92¢ moneymaker.

Then on my other card I bought...........

3 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$10.50

3 x Harvest Snap Snacks $1.43 w/20% Wellness disc.=$4.29 *only 2 pictured*

.SubTotal...........$14.79

Coupons Used

3 x $3/1 In-Ad R-AQ=$9.00

1 x $5/3 select Colgate toothpaste L2CQ=$5.00

Coupon Total......$14.00

$14.79-$14.00=.79¢ paid with BC.

I earned $2 in new BC($2 wyb2 Harvest Snap Snacks)so a $1.21 moneymaker.

* Not that my medical procedure was frugal but the nurse packed me up 2 starter tubes of petroleum jelly for covering the wound, a stack of Telfa type pads(which should last me until the wound is healed enough not to cover it)and 6 big absorbent pads from the office for wound care which will cut down on what I need to spend myself  to buy wound care supplies.   Not much of a win but it's something.

* Recovering from surgery means I sit home(in bed mostly)and can't go out to the grocery store, etc. to  spend money.  I am missing the Dollar General clearance event this weekend to boot. 8-(


That's all I got this week.

What frugal wins did y'all have this week?

Let us know!


Sluggy


7 comments:

  1. Dollar Gen will have another clearance sale at some point and time. Relax, heal and enjoy your rest. Read a good book and have D. wait on you hand and foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the $5 off $25 T DG, but I did not realize it was a clearance, too. Thanks, I need to check more closely today. When I receive medical supplies, I am grateful because I do not have to shop when I am not up to it. I always wonder how much it is costing the insurance company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are through the surgery now just to get you healed up. I miss you and wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it an optical illusion? It looks like 6 of the colgate. I have Kohls cash I need to use, plus need to return /exhange twopairs of jeans for DD2. I suppose I will lose money as the new ones won't be onsale and I'll lose Kohls cash value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m plotting out my Kroger trip for tomorrow. I have a $30 rebate and $19 off a $190 purchase plus various coupons. Not much on Ibotta for me lately.

    Students have already been caught at huge parties so this is probably my last in store trip for a while.

    I triple dog dare you to post some gory surgery pictures! 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better and better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. reading you've found money even a few coins invariably makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.