Friday, August 14, 2020

Frugal Friday.....the August 14th Edition

 Here are a few things that happened around Chez Sluggy this past week that we call frugal.......


* I had 13 items from a Weis trip last Friday that gave me an extra Midweek $1 Bonus(12 were needed to hit the bonus so I did 1 beter).  

These 13 were also tracking toward a Buy 30 items/Get a $10 Bonus that was running until mid month in August so while I was in Walmart earlier this week I finished that Bonus off.

I got......

1 x 3 pack Renuzit air fresheners($1.00)

5 x single Renuzit air fresheners($2.00)

1 x Ritz toasted chips($1.00)

1 x Townhouse pita crackers(.25¢)

1 x lg. Buddig lunch meat pack($1.00)

1 x Lily's baking chips(.75¢)

1 x Kraft mac and cheese box(.15¢)

1 x Serious Bean Co. can(.50¢)

2 x Stouffer's Veggie Lasagna single serve($1.00)

3 x Banquet Pot Pies(for Hubs to make next week)(.50¢)

1 x Perdue Ground Chicken($1.25)

1 x Country Crock "Plant" Butter sticks($1.00)

1 x Country Crock "Plant" Butter tub(.50¢)

4 x Bella wet dog food tubs (.50¢)

5 x Hall's Energy and Sleep packs($6.25)

1 x Poise pads($3.00)

1 x Fage yogurt split cup(.55¢)

Plus I earned .10¢ each on sleep aid, crackers and chips(.30¢ total), the $10 Extra Dough, a $1 Renuzit Bonus and a Cash Giveaway entry for this trip.

Total rebates earned was $32.50 and I used an old Walmart gift card $50 to pay plus another $4.84 w/sales tax total OOP(after using $3.50 in coupons also)for all this.

* I found money!


I found this penny last Friday as Hubs and I were leaving Weis(PMITA)Markets.

Last Saturday when entering the Dollar General not in my little town I saw this dirty quarter outside.  It sort of blended into the walkway but my eagle eye was on point that morning! ;-)

Then when leaving the register after checking out I spied this shiny penny halfway tucked under the candy rack.

Then the glint off the sunshine in the parking lot at Rite-Aid made me look/find this penny near my car as I exited it.  No abandoned change inside my R-A that day however.


Hubs and I went to Price Chopper to get lobster on Thursday and I found 2 pennies there-1 in the check-out lane and another in the foyer of the store on our way out.

Total Change found this week. .30¢
Total Change found this year....$47.50

* I hit the Bread Outlet for 2 loaves of Arnold Bread and a package of hot dog rolls.  Total OOP was $4 for all 3 items.  Buying just one loaf of Arnold's bread reg. retail at Weis(PMITA)Markets can run over $4!

* While I was at the Bread Outlet I went next door to Malacari's produce market for 3 types of lunch meat, 1 lb. of sharp cheddar cheese slices, 2 heads of lettuce and 5 cukes and a head of cabbage for $16.95 total.

*  Don't hate me because I had lobster and salad for lunch on Thursday..........

The Price Chopper ad last Sunday had a coupon for $4.99 lb. lobsters so Hubs and I went on Thursday to check it out.  

There were other coupon deals we did($1.99 case of water, $1.99 lb. 80% ground beef(3 lb. or more packages), $1.99 for 1 lb. of butter, and select GM cereals and/or NV granola bars for 4/$8 and you get a free gallon of Milk)plus we had to spend $15 on non coupon deal items(that's how the PC Qs always work)so we picked up a nice piece of Salmon, 3 chopped salad kits(all of them had $1.50 instant savings stickers plus were already on sale), a 24 oz. container of whole mushrooms(also with a $1.50 instant savings sticker on it). I found a gallon of distilled water too over on the markdown/damaged goods shelves with a .25¢ instant savings sticker on it so that ran me .75¢ instead of $1 I usually pay.

I also stacked a $1/2 NV granola bar peelie Q and a $1/2 GM cereals IPQ with the PC 4/$8 and get free milk ad-Q so I paid $6 for 2 boxes of cereal, 2 boxes of granola bars and a gallon of milk(here in PA whole milk by the gallon is $3.94-it's price regulated by the PA state dairy board-so that's nothing to sneeze at!)

We also picked up 2 packs of muffins for $5 and a lemon meringue pie for $3.99 and of course the 2 lobsters.  Total OOP was $53 and change for all which was a really good deal.

I don't often go to Price Chopper but when I do I have deals to get. ;-)

* I did one Rite-Aid shop so far this past week that I already posted about.

Be sure and go get your free or moneymaker toothpaste and toothbrush(or mouth wash) before the sale ends on Saturday!

*  We got Domino's on Wednesday for dinner using a gift card.

*  Things kept me occupied this past week(beyond grocery/R-A shopping)at home...........

As energy and my leg have allowed I've been slowly working on reorganizing and de-cluttering the house now that Ex-College Boy's room was emptied.

Hubs had vacuumed and shampooed the carpeting and cleaned the baseboards in there. Ex-CB came over on his day off to help move furniture and since then Hubs and I have been moving the toiletries stockpile, Xmas tubs, kids crap around in our version of Tetris.  I hope to get that room tidy and functional as a guest room before my surgery next Wednesday.  Updates and photos at some point later.  The upstairs hallway(were we've staged some stuff is looking quite empty now.

After that it's on to sewing room and those supplies then another purge of the linen closet in the hallway.  Yippee!

That's about it to report in from here.

What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy




2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of the cleaned out room. I need to have the enregy to attack room by room once our college kid is out. Your clearnace deals are so much btter than what I see, bu tthen I never have a coupon at the ready either. Good buys.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.