Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Monday Shopping at CVS & the Rite-Aid Nazi Store

First I hit a Rite-Aid not usually gone to and they had inkjet cartridges for Hubs' printer on clearance for 50% off so I got those.  I was going to combine that with buying multiple tubes of Colgate toothpaste, using a $5/3 Colgate L2CQ and multiple $3/1 In-Ad Rite-Aid flyer Qs(which would make them better than free so I'd use the overage on Hub's ink cartridges), but when I inquired I was told I could only use 1 of the $3/1 Colgate In-Ad Qs.  Totally makes no since since R-A gave me a $5/THREE items L2CQ(manufacturer's Q)to pair with flyer Qs but whatever.  This store wants to be hard ass, so be it.

So this is all I bought(besides Hubs' ink cartridges)........


I tube of Colgate on sale for $3.50, stacking a $3/1 In-Ad RA Q and a .75/1 Colgate IPQ.

I couldn't even use the Colgate toothpaste Q that came in the Sunday inserts since we didn't get .50/1 Qs for it that most every other region got, we got a $1/2 and no, they wouldn't let me get 2 tubes., use that $1/2 Q and use 2 $3/1 In-Ad Qs either. sigh.

Luckily I had a .75/1 Colgate IPQ I had printed off the Colgate website weeks earlier and forgot to use the last time I bought toothpaste, so that gave me .25¢ in overage to apply to Hubs' ink.  He owes me big I tell ya, BIG! lol


Then it was off to CVS because I had a $10 ECB expiring later this week plus a surprise $2 ECB they sent me(I guess to keep me interested in returning to CVS lol)also expiring on Wednesday and with surgery tomorrow I'd be in no shape to use them later but before they expire.

I finally got a couple of CRTs on my account and was able to do this.....


1 x Persil laundry detergent on sale=$4.99

2 x Colgate toothpaste on sale $3.49=$6.98

2 x Crest toothpaste on sale $2.99=$5.98

1 x Schick disposable razors on sale=$5.99

1 x Schick razor on sale=$8.99

SubTotal.......$32.93

I used all digital Qs/CRTs.........

$2/1 Persil DQ

$2 off Colgate Oral Care CRT

$3/2 Crest/Oral-B/Fixodent DQ

$3/1 Schick disposable DQ

$4/1 Schick women's razor DQ

$3/$12 Oral Care CRT

$3/$12 Shaving CRT

Total of $20 in DQs and CRTs.

Then I used my $12 in ECBs leaving me with a balance of .93¢ +.03¢=.96¢ to pay OOP for all 7 items.

I earned back $12.50 in new ECBS($5 Schick wys $15, $3 wyb2 Crest, $4.50 wyb2 Colgate).Spent $12 ECB, got back $12.50 in new ECB and spent .96¢ OOP.  Not free but it all cost me .46¢ really.

These new ones don't expire until Sept. so that's good.

Just a note that I may not be online for a few days(or a week, depending on how I feel after tomorrow)so keep me in your thoughts(happy thoughts only please)and I will be back to blogging soon.

Sluggy

16 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well for you. Great job on the CVS buys. Hope your DH appreciated the RA hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good wishes for you ;-) Hoping everything goes exceptionally well and you are back better than ever!
    joy in marengo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes well tomorrow for your surgery. Will be sending good healing thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Sluggy! Great job at CVS! You're hooked now...lol.

    Wishing you all the best for the surgery & a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do know the nazis killed like six million people - not preventing people from using coupons. So maybe be more aware of your choices as it’s highly offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you and I am not happy about not being able to be there to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well. Sending lots of good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your surgery and recovery goes very smoothly!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be thinking of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure where the Nazi remark is coming from. Nazi? I will be thinking kind thoughts for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the surgery. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with recuperation. Gerry T.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.