Monday, August 10, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table


The "More X-Rays" Edition..........
I limped back to the doc this past Wednesday and they did more x-rays and I'm still waiting on the results.  Not having fun this week so far and next week I get laser-ed open.
Good times!
Meal planning is the least of my worries right now. 8-(

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, TBD veggie for freezer
2. Monday--Applebee's Salads Take-Out using a gift card
3. Tuesday--Hubs Surprise
4. Wednesday--Hubs Surprise
5. Thursday--Hubs Surprise
7. Saturday--Hubs Surprise

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, Broccoli
2. Monday--Applebee's Salads Take-Out using a gift card
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Cheeseburgers, Corn on Cob
5. Thursday--Chicken Pot Pie
6. Friday--Lamb Chop(for Hubs only), Sweet Potato Fries, Macaroni/Veggie Salad
7. Saturday--Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners(if you consider a frozen pot pie home cooking lol), 1 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.
Hubs made the Sun./Wed./Thurs./Fri.(the lamb chop)/Sat. dinners though I made the sweet potato fries and the macaroni salad on Friday.  He grilled his own lamb chop(I am so proud of him!)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* More bacon
* Popsicles
* Shredded Cheese
* Chicken Thighs

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Pork Tenderloin
* Broccoli
* 3 pot pies
* 1 lamb chop
* grilled/bagged chicken strips
* 2 Kielbasa(for Hubs lunch one day
* 1 hot dog(for my lunch one day)

We spent $125.41 last week(through last Thursday), bringing our food to $144.21 so far this month.
Most of this was some canned goods stockpiling for Fall/Winter as I found some cheap canned veggie deals.

I've earned $29.20 on Ibotta in August so far.

My savings percentage for last week was 43%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for August and the monthly savings total for August came in at 43% so far.(w/out R-A).


Leftovers going into this week......macaroni salad, some taco filling and ground beef we didn't use on the cheeseburgers and browned up for meals this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Steak strips, Brussels Sprouts, Baked Potato
2. Monday--BBQ chicken legs, leftover Macaroni Salad, Squash and Onions
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

Hubs was having an emergency dental visit when I wrote this up so I didn't know if he'd be eating regular food the rest of this week so I didn't put anything in the rest of the week.  We have plenty here to choose from so I'll play it by ear the rest of this week.  Most probably we'll get lobsters 1 night, 2 ground beef meals will happen and a pasta meal another night.
Come back to see what we did.

What needs buying for this menu? Lobsters, fresh produce as we are out, maybe some lunch meat or I'll just pull out some tuna cans for lunches.  And we are almost out of bread so we'll hit the Bread Outlet at some point.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home(not that I'm referring to/using it at this point with the heat).
* Shrimp Scampi
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. No great deals. The last three days have been a can of vegetables, fresh fruit, peanut butter sandwiches, and frozen cooked meat from the freezer. Well, one night we got KFC. Good luck on the surgery. Hope hubs feels okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do hope the x-rays show what is wrong, and the doc is able to help you feel better. Ouchy on the laser. Hope it is nothing too serious and you heal quickly.
    Your hubby did good with meals.
    My hubby smoked his best pork butt this weekend, so I haven't had to cook much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few more servings of the never ending Indian food and I just made some more stuff. Pot pie, mashed potatoes and coleslaw should cover the rest of the week. Coleslaw is all mine since cabbage gives Dave gas. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.