Monday, August 31, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "funny package of M and M's" Edition...........

A Rite-Aid(not my town's) earlier this month the cashier made a BIG mistake.  She put my $1.28 left on a R-A gift card I was using to partially pay with into the register as $128.00. Yikes!  So while they called for the manager and then 3 employees conferred on how to handle the situation I snapped a photo of this funny package of M and M's from the candy rack while I waited.  Maybe I should have bought 3 of these and handed them to those employees when I left as none of them had a clue about what they were doing. LOLZ
I know, I know.....that's mean and they were doing the best they knew how.  

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Sloppy Joes, Strawberries
2. Monday--TV dinners
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--TV dinners
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Anniversary Dinner out or more Lobster from PC?
7. Saturday--Grilled Salmon and whatever fresh produce I can find

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Sloppy Joes, Strawberries
2. Monday--Leftover Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Chicken Pot Pie
4. Wednesday--Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Almost New Pickles
5. Thursday--Grilled Salmon, Salad
6. Friday--Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers


Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.  We didn't eat any of the tv dinners, just the pot pies so we'll be adding those in this week's plan.
We got Domino's for our Anniversary since neither of us wanted to cook or go out anywhere that was open.  How sad is that?lolz
I see lobsters are at the same price this week at Price Chopper so maybe??

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 boxes of frozen veg
* 3 bags of frozen veg
* 2 bags of shredded cheese
Most of what I stocked up on was canned goods last week.

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 3 Chicken Pot Pies
* a Hunk of Salmon

We spent $129.30 last week bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $483.94 for August.  Well at least it's under $500. sigh.

I've earned $157.75 on Ibotta in August so far.
I've earned $11.25 on SavingStar in August so far but am closing in on a $5 wys $25 GM cereal rebate there as well.
I've earned $1.25 on Checkout51 too.
I've also gotten free bananas in August(after the Paypal deposit for buying them.

My savings percentage for last week was 52.88%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for August and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 53.97% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week......Meatloaf, Hamburger Helper, Sloppy Joe meat.  As soon as room opens up in the freezer(tonight)I'll slice and bag the rest of Hubs' meatloaf up and throw it in there as he's tired of eating it for now.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Steak, Spinach Salad
2. Monday--Crab Ravioli w/Cream Sauce, Tossed Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(prolly Sloppy Joes), Sweet Potato Fries
4. Wednesday--TV dinners
5. Thursday--Brats on Buns, Carrots
6. Friday--TV dinners
7. Saturday--maybe Chinese take-out or Lobsters

What needs buying for this menu?  
Don't need a thing for this menu after last week's grocery spending extravaganza. ;-)

I started out wanting to do a lower spend month and to eat down the pantry but then I started getting worried and seeing alarms being sounded about food shortages/Covid up swings this Fall so I replaced food we ate in August so that blew a low spend month. ugh.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home(not that I'm referring to/using it at this point with the heat).
* Shrimp Scampi
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Since I did not put any out in the refrigerator to thaw, I am going to chop and cook hamburger meat for making hamburgers. I might try the air fryer for potatoes. Then, I will freeze the balance of the chopped hamburger. I buy every week to get the stockpile up since I am pretty sure it will get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided on the pork loin so th ti sthawing, but I need to brown and stick int he crock by 2:00. I'll save some for fried rice and maybe even get a pork sandwich or two for DH. I' going to give it a try myself, though I suspect pork might e one of my triggers, but I'll risk danger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing on my meal plan that I stuck with was take out. I seem to be pretty good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated anniversary!
    How are you feeling! Hope you are healing well and that you have a quick recovery.
    I have no clue for meals this week. Nothing sounds appealing to me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mushroom artichoke pasta and pizza so I guess it’s Italian week. I just made two pizzas but there’s only one serving of pasta left. I think there will be some sandwiches later in the week. We finally have some ripe tomatoes so they’ll be fancy sandwiches. 😉

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.