Monday, August 3, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

This Week on the Dining Table


The "WTF!?!?" Edition..........

First it was zucchini in the garden that I purposely didn't plant!
I went into the kennel garden last week and found TWO of these back there among my yellow squash plants......ACORN SQUASH!
Should I mention I did NOT  purposely plant those either?!?!
Whatever squash curse Anne has put on me, please for the love of the Squash gods, take it off! ;-)

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--something Pasta for Hubs, Spinach Salad for me and him
4. Wednesday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Squash and Onions
5. Thursday--Taco or Taco Salad
6. Friday--Lobster(which will go on Aug.'s tally), leftover sides(green beans, squash)
7. Saturday--Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken or BLT sandwiches

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Leftovers(I had a piece of Chicken Marsala and a banana)
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(I had leftover Green Beans)
4. Wednesday--Chinese Take-out
5. Thursday--Taco Salad
6. Friday--FFY(I had leftover Hot and Sour Soup)
7.Saturday--TV Dinners

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.

Except for the taco salads and cheeseburgers nothing else happened as planned last week.  The pork tenderloin and maybe the chicken Caesar salad will happen this week.  I am mourning not having lobster though.(The sale at PC this week isn't as good so we'll wait on that one.)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Not a damned thing

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Not a damned thing either lol

We spent nothing else in July. July spending came in at $492.02. 
We have spent $18.80 so far in August when I went to Dollar General on Saturday, August 1st.

I earned $0 on Ibotta in August so far.

My savings percentage for last week was 52.96%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for July and the monthly savings total for July came in at 56.70%(w/out R-A).
I still have a super low savings rate for July so I'm all good with the food spending even though it's more than $400.

Leftovers going into this week.......taco meat. 

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, TBD veg from freezer
2. Monday--Applebee's Salads Take-Out using a gift card
3. Tuesday--Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries
4. Wednesday--Hubs Surprise
5. Thursday--Hubs Surprise
6. Friday--Hubs Surprise
7. Saturday--Hubs Surprise

What needs buying for this menu?
Beats me!
With my leg still screwed up Hubs has been coerced into making volunteered to make all meals after tomorrow so I can stay off my leg.  I have no clue what he'll pull out of the freezer and make(and neither does he). lol

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home(not that I'm referring to/using it at this point with the heat).
* Shrimp Scampi
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. So, what exactly is wrong with your leg? I mean, did you twist it and hurt knee? My pink bag with coupons and ads was not thrown in the driveway, so I have no idea about ads until i pull them up on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should start using my powers for good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope that your leg feels better.
    I'm glad that your hubby is helping. Let us know what he cooks. Maybe I can get my hubby to cook something for me. Except for grilling, mine hasn't cooked for me in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were very off my list of options, but I've got meals going into this week. We'll have currey, chow mein, spaghetti, and burritos/burrito bowls most likely. I'll probalby make a home made pizza,a nd maybe hamburger and mushroom gravy and mashed potatos. If enough for a leftover night, that might actually get us through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bad cooking for the week day yesterday. The rice and pea mixture is kind of gross and the garden cucumbers in the pasta salad are bitter and have tough skin. I’m not sure how many times we can choke this down. I hate wasting food so I’ll give it another day before making pizza or pot pie.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.