Saturday, August 8, 2020

Frugal Friday.....the August 7th Edition on Saturday

 Here are the few things that happened here around Chez Sluggy that could be called frugal wins.........

* I earned a $10 Reward from buying some clothing online late Winter right before Covid hit.  This reward was expiring on Thursday 8/7 so I pulled up the website and saw they were having a one day flash sale on the type of knit pants I like-3 pairs for $33 total so $11 a pair which was a great deal and I need smaller pants come Fall/Winter.  My "reward" covered all the shipping plus $1.01 on the pants so I spent $31.99 total for all three pair + shipping.

*  We harvested veggies from the garden this week--lots more broccoli and some yellow squash.  Still no tomatoes. 8-(

* I grocery shopped this week and earned the Midweek Ibotta rebate too...........

At Weis I got.....

5 x Think! oatmeal cups on clearance for $1 ea. 

1 x Kraft mayo for $3.49

2 x Crack an Egg breakfast cups(for Hubs)for $2 ea.

1 x Barilla Vero Gusto spaghetti sauce on clearance $3.19

1 x OEP shredded cheese for $2.49

1 x Breakstone cottage cheese for $1.99

$20.16 spent at Weis

At Walmart I got....

4 x Bella wet dog food for .74¢ ea.

1 x Manwich can for $1.00

1 x Butterfinger candy bar for .88¢

3 x Banquet chicken pot pies for .94¢ ea.(Hubs cooked this week so easy foods)

2 x Mead 5 star folders for .97¢ ea.

1 x Hormel turkey snack for $1.67

$9.05 at Walmart

$29.21 OOP on all this(plus .12¢ tax on the Mead stuff)and $11.20 in Ibotta earned back plus $2.25 on Savingstar so $15.88 w/sales tax OOP on all that shopping.

* I also hit Rite-Aid this past week on Wednesday.........

2 x Neutrogena acne soap $2.87 w/Gold discount=$5.74

1 x Neutrogena acne wash w/Gold discount=$7.19

1 x Neutrogena acne cleanser w/Gold discount=$7.19

2 x Bic razors $3.99 w/Gold discount=$7.98

Subtotal.....$28.10

Coupons Used

4 x $3/1 any Neutrogena acne product IPQ=$12.00

2 x $3/1 Bic select razors In-AdQ=$6.00

1 x $3/1 Bic Flex/Comfort3/Soleil razor IPQ=$3.00

Coupon Total..........$21.00

$28.10-$21.00=$7.10+.23¢ sales tax=$7.33 paid for with a combo of Bonus Cash and R-A gift card.

I earned back $7 in new BC($6 wys $20 Neutrogena, $1 wyb2 Bic razors) so almost free. 8-)


* I found money!

I didn't even have to leave the parking lot and go inside at Rite-Aid to find this dime.  Found next to my car when I got out of it.

And Hubs gets the credit for this penny.  He accompanied me to Weis(PMITA)Markets on Tuesday and found this coin on the way to the check-out.

Total Change found this week. .11¢
Total Change found this year....$47.20

* Ex-College Boy has been moved out for 1 week now and we have already seen our daily electricity usage go from over $6 per day to under $5.50.  I'll take that as a win any day! lolz

It will be interesting to see how much the water bill goes down too. ;-)


That's about it from here.

What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I found a $100 on the ground. For real, it was crazy. Thought of you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I already comment-It disappeared while typing. Well, I'll keep this one shorter. 8% is a heck of a savings, and I hope we some some with our new water heater, plus the kids going back to school. I think I did well shopping this morning online at Kohls, with a 30%, off, plus $10 of mens and $10 of intimates, and got a couple gifts. $30 Kohls cash earned to use the week of August 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I braved a trip to Wal-Mart for cheap hand soap refills and such. They check for masks at the door but one crazy lady was stalking up and down isles yelling at her partner with no mask on. I assume she removed it after passing through security.

    That’s my last trip for the foreseeable future. I’ll stick with Kroger and most likely switch to pick up orders. People are idiots and we don’t even have the mass influx of students from all over the world yet.

    I have a $1k budget for office supplies at work. It appears people were wasting it on fancy pens and I don’t know what else in prior years. I’m spending the bulk on N95 masks for instructors that are teaching in person. Some people will be pissed but no more pink and purple pens this year!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.