Monday, August 8, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table

It's the "I Brought a Head Cold Back to PA" Edition.............

I feel too bad to crop/edit photos right now so no pictures now.  Feel lucky I am even writing what I did. lolz


Moving on......

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Pizza(home made with Boboli crusts)
2. Monday--Kielbasa on Rolls, Onions, Veg.
3. Tuesday--Tuna Noodle Casserole
4. Wednesday--Salsa Verde Carne Burritos
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Beef Pie
7. Saturday--Take-Out of some kind

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Homemade Pizzas
2. Monday--Italian Chicken and Pastaroni
3. Tuesday--Chicken Burritos
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Burgers on Rolls, Fries
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Take-Out Pizza

6 meals cooked at home, 2 of them nights of leftovers and 1 night of Take-Out.


As for the grocery spending..... I left Daughter $75 in cash for groceries and she spent $68.70($45.29 on groceries and $29.71 on Take-Out).


Leftovers going into this week........

Here is this week's "food plan".

1. Sunday--Leftover Pizza(We weren't home yet.)
2. Monday--Glazed Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Caesar Salad(Daughter cooked.)
3. Tuesday--TV Dinners(I'm sick, I need easy.)
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--BBQ Ribs, Sliced Tomatoes, Baked Beans
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Tempura Shrimp and Zucchini

This week will see 5 new meals cooked(well 4 really since the pot pies are premade) and 0 nights of  Take-Out and 2 nights of Leftovers.

What we need to buy for this menu.....ribs and tomatoes(REAL tomatoes).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. This morning, I took 8 chicken breasts from the crockpot and immediately put new potatoes in. When the potatoes were done, I ate too many, so I put in another crockpot full. Corn and potatoes will make a good meal with the chicken and potatoes. There are also two kinds of salad greens here for a salad or a sandwich. Green grapes are $0.88/lb here at Sprouts. The chicken was $1.99/lb for boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are down hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasting a turkey now- it smells delicious! How old is your daughter and how much college does she have left? Nice mom- leaving $$ for groceries! Sorry about the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things aren't going so well for you. Drink more and the head cold won't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're under the weather!
    We've gotten a lot of FREE food this week... My SIL sent home a bunch of leftovers from her grad party and Ryan worked a food truck at a local Irish festival and brought home leftovers from his truck and several other trucks in the block. For lunch, I have my choice of curry, chicken salad, Indian soup, muffins and tartar sauce. But no fish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you feel like crapola. Whisky and garlic - Ukrainian cure-alls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm filing a formal complaint-write more. I miss getting a new dose of sluggy every day.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.