Sunday, May 12, 2013

Some Thoughts on Mother's Day


Everyone has a mom.
None of us would be here without her....not to play down your father's role in the matter, but hey!, it's all about Her today, right?

I am sitting here alone in the house without my kids today feeling sorry for myself.
Oldest son is hundreds of miles away at school.
Daughter left this morning to start a new life in Louisiana.
Youngest son left a few minutes ago to go to work at the restaurant so we won't see him until late into the night.
So I'm feeling somewhat forlorn and alone without my kids today and turning to the internet to entertain myself.

Here are some cute/funny videos I found that say some things I am feeling today on Mother's Day. I couldn't pick just one so I'll let you decide which one is best.








And this one is for a new blogger friend, Java....


Who says moms can't be "hip"?....




Now what are you doing wasting time on the internet!
You should be off doing something special for your mom or that woman in your life who has been like a mom to you in some way or another.

I'll be back later today with a tribute to my mother.


Sluggy


10 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sluggy. Being a mother is not only the toughest job on the universe it's also a thankless job. We just don't get any respect. LOL!

    Have a good day anyway. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are indeed t he Rodney Dangerfield's of the nurturing Universe. lol
      Happy M-Day to you too Morrison!

      Delete
  2. Well, you gave ME a laugh so thanks! My one and only child is bartending today so I am keeping myself company too!
    Wanna come over??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would come over but I don't think my oxygen hose will reach dangit! lol

      Delete
  3. My mother is dead and I just sit and wait, hoping to hear from a child. I have three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you hear from someone soon Linda.
      I know it's not the same but Happy Mother's Day! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Hey, any acknowledgement helps! The one daughter I thought would call, did. She has nothing happening today. I am surprised. However, her day is not all fun today. The teen bought her flowers, getting up before she did, to go out and make the purchase. He worked three hours yesterday, was paid cash, and was not going to do anything. She said he had money and could never ask her for even a dollar if he did not do anything, just a card. I keep telling her that how she treats her mother is how they learn to treat her!

      The trials of being a mother! Why did I never think of threatening them?

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry, your Mother's Day is a little lonely today but, hey, turn it into a nice evening all for yourself. Take a long bath and eat a big bowl of ice-cream, guilt-free. Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a full day off in forever, so it was nice. Let's leave it at that! Hope your kids can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a good Mother's Day, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.