Monday, October 30, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "WTF!?!?" Edition--
Our lunch out at the Chinese Buffet earlier this month yielded this fortune in my cookie.
Could someone please explain this one to me? lolz


Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Tacos
3. Tuesday--Pork Chops, Harvard Beets, Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lasagna, Salad
6. Friday--? maybe Subs
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Tacos
3. Tuesday--Pork Chops, Harvard Beets, Roasted Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lasagna, leftover Garlic Bread(Hubs made this.)
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself

We had lots of leftovers left over and I was feeling crappy due to sinus issues so we just had leftovers or FFY many nights. We didn't get the Subs and opted for leftovers or FFY that night and we had roasted taters instead of garlic mash taters w/the pork chops.

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers and  0 nights of take-out.  

Last week's grocery spending at Weis, the Bread Outlet and Shursave Markets came to $71.23.  That brings October's food spending to $443.68.  There are 0 more days in my shopping month and I've closed out the books on October shopping up and posted my grocery break down yesterday.

My savings percentages last week was 48.36% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 46.54%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......Goulash, Harvard Beets, Lasagna, Taco filling

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Ham slices, sauteed Cabbage, Cornbread
2. Monday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Brussels Sprouts
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Roast Chicken w/Veggies
5. Thursday--Asian Chicken Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers and 1 night of "I haven't got a clue". lolz
Leftovers carried forward into this week will be lunches for Hubs(and maybe me if I eat lunch).

What I need to buy for this menu? I need fish sauce and something else I don't have for the Asian Chicken Salad(which means if I can't get them/locate those items in time that dish will change).  I am also out of onions so some produce will happen this week.  There are some loss leaders this week too which I'll pick up.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to Wednesday's ads because it will begin the Thanksgiving deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you add in bed after the question or answer it doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is puzzling, but I do agree with the answer. (and I don't know what I am talking about, either)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda stuck to my plan last week. Tacos got swapped for Chili,homemade pizza for breakfast casserole. Got some markdown meats at Aldi so lotsa chicken this week and a small roast for soup or stew. Leftovers and Chickfila for dinner today. The kids and I have quite a few free treats about to expire in our apps. Unless of course, we blow away first. Nasty windy here today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking as an ESL instructor, a non-native speaker and second language learner was working on the fortune machine that day.

    My favorite fortune ever was "You are a lucky man!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the heck does THAT mean??!
    Robb and my favorite fortune is "You are the master of every situation." Robb used to get that one more than a few times but then I got one. The official title is MOES.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no bargains this week; I had quite the opposite - splurging on imperial tidbits for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.