Monday, October 26, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "You Mean I Actually Have to COOK Again?!?!" Edition--

 
 
Yeah, visiting at Sonya Ann's house means not having to fix food because her Hubs is a fabulous cook!
This was the spread we had on Saturday night when we were there.  Homemade everything from the corn to the squash to the potatoes to the pot roast to the gravy.  I am spoiled now.....and fatter. lolz
 
Onward to the meal planning!
 
Here's what was planned last week.......

1. Sunday--Barbecue Pork Sandwiches with Cole Slaw, Sun Dried Tomato Salsa on Toast
2. Monday--Lena's Lemon Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes over Rice
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Dinner Out
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Barbecue Pork Sandwiches with Cole Slaw, Sun Dried Tomato Spread on Toast
2. Monday--Eating Out-Culver's(I had a pork tenderloin sandwich, salad)
3. Tuesday--Leftovers-Pot Roast and Mushrooms in Gravy, Butternut Squash, Garlic Mash
4. Wednesday--Pizza
5. Thursday--Eating Out-Pot Roast Sandwich, Cole Slaw & French Fries
6. Friday--No Dinner, Eating Out for Lunch-Chicken Salad Sandwich w/ raw Veggies and Dip
7. Saturday--Take-Out Chinese food

We were on vacation last week so the plan was loose.  Lots of eating out and I got pampered at Sonya's because Den cooked. Mmmmmmm!!!  I was going to cook for everyone one night but all hell broke loose(I'll let Sonya tell y'all about that! lolz)so I didn't fix that meal.  Then lots of restaurant meals on the 2 days it took to get home. 

As for my grocery spending last week......$18.91 spent at Jewel-Osco while at Sonya's house and stopping at Surplus Outlet on the way home and spending another $31.85 for groceries put my food spending from 10/15 to 10/24 at $50.46.  This bit brings the monthly spending to $192.34 for October so far.  $107.66 left in the $300 monthly budget for food in October with 5 days left to spend.

Leftovers going into this week....nothing.  We ate up or froze all the leftovers before we left.  This meant eating a huge slice of homemade apple pie for Breakfast the morning we left on our trip.
Ah the sacrifices I make....... 8-)
 
Here is this week's "food plan"--

1. Sunday--Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce, steamed Mixed Veggie
2. Monday--Fish or Shrimp, Butternut Squash, Cole Slaw
3. Tuesday--Pork Chops, Harvard Beets, Garlic mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs(Hubs request), Collards
5. Thursday--Chicken something, Roasted Veggies
6. Friday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Leftover Veggies
7. Saturday--Leftover Pork Chops, Corn Casserole, ?


What I need to buy for this menu?.........Butternut Squash, Cabbage, Carrots, other Veg? too and Sour Cream.

I have meatballs, pork chops, fish, shrimp, ravioli, chicken and ground beef for spaghetti sauce in the freezer.  There are canned beets and corn, noodles, tuna and tomato sauce in the pantry and collards still in the garden that need to be harvested.
I foresee making a pot of soup also in my future this week as well but I have all the ingredients for that too.

$50 on food should get us through this week and that is counting a run to the Bread Outlet as well.
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I miss you so much cuz. Life just isn't as much fun with you gone. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and it just ain't swinging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had maybe too much fun. We are eating leftover wedding food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Sonya Ann must have enjoyed not having to cook since it freed up your time to plan mischief. Everywhere I look, there is something about apple pies, and I am dying for apple pie. I bought the apples, but that is as far as that has gotten. It must have been torture to have to eat apple pie for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a fun and delicious time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.