Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Grocery Shopping This Week & I am Finished

Well since Hubs went out on Sunday for a new computer mouse and was going right by the store,  I had him go back into Big Lots while that 20% off sale was going on to get 3 more jars of minced garlic, 4 more cans of tuna and 4 more cans of Spaghettio's for College Boy.


Another $8.76 spent on the food budget.

On Monday I made my grocery store rounds after PT where I picked up the items I had planned plus a few other items....


I bought 3 boxes of pasta at .67¢ each, used $1.25 in Qs and paid .76¢ for all.
I bought 4 cans of evaporated milk at $1.50 each, used $2 in Qs and paid $4 for all.
I bought 3 jars of Prego spaghetti sauce at $3/$5, used $1 in Qs and paid $4 for all.
I bought 6 large cans of Hunt's tomato products at B1 for $2.19/Get 2 more Free so they came to .73¢ per can.(They were the good 'no salt added' varieties too!)
I bought 7 cans of Homestyle soups at $1.66 each, used $3 in Qs and paid $8.65 for all.

I also found a 2lb. bag of flounder fillets 25% off($8.24)so I had to purchase that.  $4.12 a lb. for flounder?  Yes, please!
I also bought a 1lb. bag of baby carrots for $1(sale price and not pictured).
All this cost me $31.05 after sales/Qs for a savings of 28.40 or 47% off of reg. retail price.

I also submitted my receipt to Checkout 51 and have already received a .75¢ rebate into my account-.25¢ for buying the carrots and .50¢ for buying 2 cans of evaporated milk.
All those Homestlye soup cans qualify toward a $5 SavingStar rebate as well once I have spent $15 on select Campbell's items.  Only $3.31 left to spend to earn that $5 back.

Then I ran into the local Shurfine Market and bought this.......

I bought 2 cans of Furmano tomato puree(Weis was out of the Hunt's puree).  These were .88¢ per can so not as good as the Weis cans but still a good value.
I found 2 cans of Beefaroni in the clearance bin for .75¢ each.
I bought 2 containers of cottage cheese for the crockpot lasagna I made Monday night(so not pictured)on sale for $2 each.
I bought a head of romaine lettuce(again used on Monday so not pictured)on sale for $1.49lb.
A bunch of celery for $1.49(reg. price)and 3 bags of salty snacks(those were half price)rounded out this shop and brought my total OOP here to $16.09.
42.41% savings over reg. retail price and no coupons used.

I am now up to $77.90 spent on my October food budget and I am finished grocery procurement for the week.
I am still loving the price on that flounder I got..... ;-)

Sluggy


 

3 comments:

  1. In these parts, I can't get Prego or noodles anywhere that cheap. Noodles at $.89 is a find and Prego fluctuates but $2 a jar is really low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been years since I have gotten evaporated milk so cheaply. I only use a few cans a year, so that four cans would be a year supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a ton today, but did some major stocking up. The Pig has leg quarters for 39 cents per pound, sold in 10 lb. packs, so I bought 3 of them. I will probably go back this weekend and get 3 more, since I am cooking the last 10 pounds right now and will bone and freeze meal size packages tonight. I see a lot of chicken casseroles in our future.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.