Monday, September 27, 2010

End of September Weekend Garden Harvest...Still Picking!

Just a quick update on the garden.....

While we didn't get some of the beds cleaned up or the compost moved, Hubs & I did pick veggies Sunday.  Well, he did most of the picking and I held the containers and supervised.lol


I got another 3 quarts of tomato sauce made last week......good thing too, because here's another large colander 3/4 full of Romas.lol   At this point I complain but I will be sad when I can no longer make a BLT sandwich with fresh REAL tomatoes....

We also picked another larger container of Big Boys, 3 each of the Red Bell and Green Italian Roasting Peppers, 2 Jalapenos that had turned RED(hot!).  The 4 little pale Green Bell Peppers were because Hubs snapped off the top of one of the plants they were growing on so we had to harvest them 'early'.lol
And we picked 5 of the Butternut Squashes too.  There are 7 more left on the vines including a large one that is late in turning the pale color they are suppose to turn.  I'm hoping the other 6 get a bit larger before the vines die off but they are all still large enough to eat at this point.


This Harvest----
Tomatoes--7 lbs. 4.5 oz.
Peppers--1 lb. 11 oz.
Squash--14 lbs. 11.2 oz.

TOTAL....23 lbs. 10.7 oz.
Garden Harvest Weight Total to date....77 lbs.  2.72 oz.

Besides the other Butternuts we still have Tomatoes & Peppers coming plus the Collard Greens after the freeze, which HOPEFULLY will hold off on coming until I make some room in the freezer!lol


What did you harvest from your garden this week?  Leave a comment and let us know!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.