Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Rare Trip to Target and The Shelves Weren't Cleared Yet!

So I don't go to Target much.
Let's just say it's because of bad past experiences and we only have 1 Target here so unless you get there on Sunday-the day the sales start-you will only find empty shelves where the good buys USE TO BE!

So I don't go much....except I had to be nearby this evening to pick up Hubby's car from the repair shop.

I decided to stop in and see if there was anything left that is on sale this week.
I did two transactions but I put all of it in one photo.
I always have a $5 Gift Card to use from a previous Free Target Gift Card Deal.


Transaction #1
5 x Keebler Crackers/Cheez-its on sale $2=$10.00
2 x Method Dish Soap $2.99=$5.98
2 x Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa on sale $.97=$1.94
SubTotal...$17.92

Coupons Used
1 x $.75/1 Cheez-Its IPQ=$.75
2 x $1/2 Keebler Crackers (1 IPQ/1 ManuQ)=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Method Product IPQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Swiss Miss Target IPQ=$1.94 *adjusted down*
Coupon Total....$8.69

1 x $5 Gift Card Used  $8.69+$5.00=$13.69

$17.92-$13.69=$4.23+$.12 tax=$4.35 OOP
Received a $5 Target Gift Card for the Keebler Crackers/Cheez-Its
**2 of the Crackers had the $10 Toy Money Tokens-3 more Token boxes and I can send for a $10 Toy Certificate.

Transaction #2
5 x Keebler Cookies(various Fudge Shoppe)on sale $2.00=$10.00
SubTotal....$10.00

Coupons Used
2 x $1.50/2 Keebler Cookies IPQ=$3.00
Coupons Total....$3.00

1 x $5 Gift Card Used  $3.00+$5.00=$8.00

$10-$8=$2.00 OOP
Received a $5 Target Gift Card for buying 5 Keebler Cookies

Total OOP....$6.35
Total Value of Items...$35.57
Savings of....82.15%

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw your question about the $-off receipt coupons on my Coffee/Target post, so I wanted to respond. I had never seen anything like it before just a few weeks ago. First, I got a Q on my receipt for $1 off anything in their cafe. Meh. Then I got a $5/$75 receipt Q good ONLY on electronics. So two nights ago after I did the Cheez-Its deal, I saw the $5/$75 on my receipt again but didn't look too closely thinking it was also for electronics, and I don't usually buy electronics at Target (rarely - I did get an iTouch there for xmas last year to grab the nifty gc (whore!) deal that came with it).

    ANYWAY, yesterday I was getting my coffee Qs ready to go and happened to notice this was an all-inclusive $5/$75. I still didn't think i'd use it until I started adding up all the coffee I was putting in my cart - LOL!

    Unfortunately, I don't know what triggers them, so just take a look at each receipt you get and keep your fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing!
    And thank you so much for all of your help with Anna. It is wonderful to have you. It is always an easier journey when you have a knowledgeable friend/guide with you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.