Saturday, November 25, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the November 24th Edition

There are very few(if any)Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I went to PT 2x this past week because of the holiday they were closed 2 days.  Good thing I've hit all my deductibles and co-pays so I'm not shelling out cash for this service.

*  Grocery shopping this past week--there was quite a lot with the Thanksgiving deals.
I earned $80.87 back just on Ibotta between 3 trips and Bonuses and spent Zero OOP as I put those shopping trips on that surgery travel stipend card as we had quite a bit left on it. The only cash spent was at Ollie's(where we had a 15% discount offer)$9.76.  That was mostly for snacking nuts and dog treats.
Best Deals at Kroger/Walmart--A Raid Bug Light Trap(better than free after rebate/digital Q), 5 bags of Keebler cookies for Hubs(.49 ea. after rebate), 2 Hagen-Daas Yogurts(.67¢ ea. after rebate), 4 boxes of Rice(.48¢ ea. after rebate and an any rice rebate), Nature's Own dinner rolls(.50¢ after rebate and Kroger Cash Back offer).  I also maxed out the Sweet Potato Deal(.29¢ per lb. up to 5 lbs.)as we love Sweet Potatoes and the dogs do too. 8-)
Unlocked my Free Turkey Offer on Ibotta too last week so picked that up at Walmart.  No matter the price you got $14.35 back.  My turkey was a .30¢ moneymaker. lol

*  Had to go to the ER on Sunday afternoon as my coccyx had become unbearable to sit down upon.  This problem has been brewing for 3 months now as I've lost weight(got no padding on my butt now. lol)but it had become unbearable this past week.  X-rays showed my tailbone wasn't broken, just bruised and the attending MD thought activity on the exercycle at PT had exacerbated the condition so I am to lay off the bike at PT for now.  Frugal point is I had no co-pays for the ER visit.

*  I found money!

A penny in the driveway at the ER on Sunday night as I was leaving, after walking past a police woman guard and her shackled orange jumpsuit clad prisoner as they were going into the ER.  That was after watching 20 staff and police subdue a crazy man who was being committed attempted to leave and another guy who was pissed off because he had waited "30 minutes" to be seen(we were there for hours!)so he started cursing at the security guys(big F word cursing)such that one of them pulled out his weapon and they walked him out of the ER waiting room and stood guard for 1/2 an hour outside the entrance to make sure he didn't come back in with a weapon and shoot up the place.  Geez!
And another penny near the door at Walmart when I went to get my better than free Turkey on Tuesday.

Total Found in last Week.... .02¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.47

That's all I got.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Blogging will be taking a backseat to getting me healed so there might not be many posts here for the foreseeable future.8-)

Sluggy   

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Yes, the ER lobby can be kinda sketchy sometimes. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can tell us if the bug trap really works.
    My spine is sitting on bone. Somehow, I remember the cocyx being mentioned. No wonder I can sit since I have plenty of fat there. I have not gotten onto a bike because I fear that would cause problems. Maybe I am right.
    Practical Parsimony

    That was a wild scene at the ER. I am glad you made it out without the crazies getting dangerously crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding Pennies are still good luck in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had tailbone issues as I've lost weight this year too The doctor did a cat scan and found multilevel spondylosis, which is arthritis in the tailbone area. It is painful to sit, as you mentioned.

    I found a penny this week too while I was pumping gas .Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ER waiting rooms are can be entertaining and scary. Good job on keeping up your PT, so important when recovering from knee replacement. ( I had two knees done in 4 withing 4 months.) I had to wait almost 7 days to get my turkey rebate from Ibotta. I was able to get two turkey breasts and probably only had to pay $3 after the rebate finally kicked in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazon had a Black Friday sale on English breakfast tea. It was half price so I bought 500 bags. I also added it to my subscribe and save to see if that price sticks.

    I have no padding and try to carry a sweatshirt or sweater if I think I’ll have to sit on something hard. It can be folded up to create some padding.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.