Saturday, November 4, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the November 3rd Edition

There are very few(if any)Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I went to PT 3 x this past week.  Man, does that wear me out and I usually need a nap in the afternoon.  Good thing I've hit all my deductibles and co-pays so I'm not shelling out cash for this service.

*  Grocery shopping this past week--
Did a pick-up order at Kroger last Friday which turned into a disaster.  Of course, my store is the one where you can't get a paper receipt for a pickup order and Ibotta said I had to jump through all kinds of hoops for them to count my items with rebates so I kept the stuff that I got Kroger deals on and had Hubs return all the Ibotta stuff.  What a cluster!
I did get 2 freebies....

A box of pasta and a canned Starbucks coffee drink(which I'll give to Daughter if she ever comes over to see me-I've been home 4 weekends now and she is MIA).

*  Hubs finally used my .90¢ off each gallon of gas from Kroger on Tuesday, right before the points expired(these were Sept. points).

*  We got some takeout this week, a salad at Wendy's using a gift card.  yuck.  Not doing that again.  I wish Zaxby's would bring back their Teriyaki Zalad because I'm tired of their regular Zalads.  I also had a Patty Melt at Whataburger last Friday.  So much meat I didn't eat much else that day!lol

*  I found money!

I was feeling good enough on Sunday to go to Walmart and ride a cart there and do some shopping.  It felt good to get out and do something other than go to PT or a dr. appointment but it wore me out.

I was waiting at the entrance for Hubs to pick me up with the car and saw a penny!

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.28

That's all I got.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Blogging will be taking a backseat to getting me healed so there might not be many posts here for the foreseeable future.8-)

Sluggy   

4 comments:

  1. I bought a rutabaga, eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, radishes, bag of sweet onions avocado, hummus, red potatoes, red raspberries BOGO, little tomatoes BOGO, sweet potatoes, sharp cheddar Tillamook cheese on BOGO, crab for $5 off, and Halloween Candy 50 percent off. Also my pj’s were worn out and bought Halloween pajamas for half price from Walmart aka Wally World. . The BOGO items were from Publix and the other stuff from Walmart. So yeah vegetables, fruit, crab, and candy… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can give an update on how your post op is coming. I get my new knee on the 14th and terrified! How is your pain and ambulating doing? Mine is my right and I can’t imagine not being able to drive for 4 weeks plus (do you feel you’d be able to drive?). How’s the walking? Sorry to bombard you but I’m a widow on my own (my kids and grands will help but I’m very independent and don’t want hovering or maybe I will when I’m that down and desperate ha!). Sorry very sad about your daughter not showing up and ? You moved towards her to connect more ugh! Jre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the Kroger snafu. I'm glad you felt like getting out and about for a bit. Even a small outing helps. It will take about 6 months to get over being tired every time you do some thing "extra". I still take naps most days and my surgery was in May. My doctor said that it the way it would be. NOTE to JRE: I am also by myself and can give you some advice from my experience. My replacement was also my right knee. If you would like to "chat," my email is flmoseley113@att.net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I had pt on upper back, I had to go to pt and then drive over an hour to go to work. So, the pt was undone as soon as I did that and then had to drive back home! I definitely needed a nap. Also for pt on knee that was damaged and needed surgery. None of it was fun or conducive to good mental health.
    In response to JRE, I drove after knee surgery on R knee. The car had a bench seat where I could throw right leg over and drive with left leg. It was scary because my left leg did not know how to switch to brake and accelerator. Scary. No muscle memory.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.