Monday, November 13, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table.....the November 13th Edition

The "Well I No Longer Resemble the Michelin Man" Edition.....  


This is day 155 of the "diet".  Yay!  If you can call what went on lately as a "diet".  Down 51 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 59 lbs.).  
I have just lost the desire to eat lately and nothing sounds appetizing.  Even the night I had a small amount of ice cream(one I really like)it just didn't taste right to me.
I've had some very bad news last week so just getting out of bed lately is a monumental effort lately.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Yogurt w/Strawberries, Asian Chopped Salad, a piece of Lasagna
2. Monday--Leftover Brisket from freezer, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Veggie Lasagna
4  Wednesday--Chicken Caesar Salad
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Yogurt w/Strawberries, Asian Chopped Salad, a piece of Lasagna
2. Monday--1/2 a Bagel Cream Cheese, Leftover Brisket from freezer, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Drawing a Blank, might not have eaten
4  Wednesday--Yogurt Drink, a Whopper, an Apple
5. Thursday--a Turkey/Bacon Sandwich, a small bowl of ice cream(because I really don't care today)
6.  Friday--half a Bagel Cream Cheese, small Tossed Salad, Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
7. Saturday--2 Biscuits, Caesar Salad w/Chicken
(Hubs made a chicken stir-fry Thursday but I didn't have any of that.)

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  Leftover Lasagna
*  Leftover Brisket
*  2 Pork Tenderloins
*  2 BSCBs

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

Last week we spent $4.88 on grocery shopping for November.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $138.79 for November.   
There is 17 shopping day left in November.

I've earned $55.30 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $0 on Shopmium in November.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in November.
I've earned $2.15 on Kroger Cash Back in November.
I've earned $18.12 on TaDa in November.
I've earned $5.00 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned 1,365 points from food shopping on Fetch in November.
I've earned 443 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in November.

That is $80.57 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $138.79 of grocery spending so in reality it's $58.22 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was  91.62% and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 55.77% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week....don't know, don't care.  I suppose the stir-fry thing Hubs made is still in the fridge and 1 slice of pizza.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Beefaroni
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No  Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

No menu planning for me now, mostly things Hubs can do.  I have earned the right not to in my mind at this point.  I am giving up control of meals to Hubs.  I will put in requests now and then.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

I may post sporadically after this one or I might not, depending on drugs and stuff. 

Sluggy 

8 comments:

  1. We have leftover chili and Indian food concoction. I’ll figure something out when those are gone.

    Dave just posted a Daryl video that might cheer you up. Bonus footage of me pulling weeds in my pajamas at the end. No one is safe when he’s around. https://youtu.be/1m4zTNjsXF4?si=JqRIZ1KXt8qOScYk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your bad news, and hope you have brighter days soon. Your weight loss is amazing, and and I'm sure it helps with your knee recovery. Best wishes....take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It occurred to me that you are restricting your intake like bariatric surgery patients. Long ago, I wondered why people did not just restrict intake instead of having surgery. I wish I did not look like the Michelin man. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the very bad news. I hope that whatever is wrong will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been on a healthy eating plan for four months. Once a week I can have a meal of whatever I want…and I will tell you 95% of those meals were really disappointing. Not even worth finishing. I think once I got used to the taste of healthier food, the old stuff just lost its appeal. Sort of a sad moment but also a true bonus since the craving is gone…anyway, might be similar to what you are feeling. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you’re having such a bad time. I hope it can be resolved.
    Your weight loss is amazing! Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you received terrible news. Virtual hugs. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.