Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Old Photos & Interesting Stuff

Trying to keep myself distracted from medical stuff and pain.  Here are some old/newish photos on my computer I wanted to use but had little to write about them but wanted to be able to get them off my machine.......


Saw these watering cans a few years ago at Ocean State Job Lot I think.


This was a cute ceramic tchotchke, a cat painted in the Day of the Dead style I spied at the Aldi in Ohio last month.


Saw this car about 3 years ago now in PA driving around with a "Joe and his Ho" bumper sticker.  Some things just make you laughed out loud and/or shake your head.


Matching Halloween dishware with "Witches be Crazy" written on them. *snort*



One day back in PA I walked out of the Rite-Aid and saw a cane sticking out of the trash barrel.  All I could think was that someone was healed while in RA(a la Ernest Angley) and ditched the cane on the way out. lolz

I doubt Teddy Roosevelt ever said the quote above but what the heck.....

Got a chocolate bar on sale at R-A a few years ago and the back flap claimed there was a "love poem" inside....



It was the lyrics to Stephen Foster's song "Beautiful Dreamer".



In PA Hubs and I went to the local  Salvation Army on a few occasions and of I waited in the car for him I would inevitable see a car nearby that looked like it belonged to a hoarder.  Cars so filled with junk and trash!

I bet these cars belonged to thrift store regulars......lol


After 9/11 happened, there was a mass exodus of Latinos from NYC into the little old coal community that was South of my town, as people looked to live in safer areas.
One good thing was this newbie to the area set up a taco truck and eventually bought an abandoned gas station across from that town's Rite-Aid and set up a permanent location for this Mexican food business.  He put a sign above up on the building "Mexican food so good Trump wants to build a wall around it!"  I loved seeing this every time I went to the R-A there!

Somebody messed with the R-A sign....."Did you get your F U Shot".
Sorry I'm all out of FUs......


Then there was what looked like the remains of a tin foil hat next to the R-A trash can beside the door.

And if you don't think our country is FU'd give a look at this meme......(we are again days away from a government shutdown due to those idiots in Washington).

May I remind y'all that our country has experienced 3000% inflation since the founding of the Federal Reserve Bank in 1913?  


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Those are priceless. The tin foil hat abandoned and crushed was absolutely the best. What did he hear to change his perspective?
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!
    Of course the Stephen Foster candy reminded me of the "Ghost of Stephen Foster" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers. Hadn't thought of that in ever so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jre here just got home after my TKR and I survived! Luckily got one overnight stay at the hospital. So far everything is going great but the orthopedic PA says my nerve bock is still helping and this weekend will be rough, his words “you’re in the honeymoon period” oh my g.. but regarding your state of the union have you ever seen Enemy of the State (with Will Smith or Denzel) sorry meds here but it’s great. Although fiction I think what it shows about intelligence and government monitoring is prob accurate plus government propaganda/corruption and you help me I’ll help you on bills etc. sorry but I’m fairly jilted. It’s worth even having to rent it. And I’m not an action movie kind of gal. Also all three Equalizer movie with Denzel, very violent but so good (good against evil in government/countries etc. Equilizer 1 is the best. Hope are feeling better I’m only at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you got through the surgery aok. Let us know how it goes from here on out. I'm officially a month out and 5 weeks into PT and I'm still trying to get to equalibrium in my life again. Best wishes to you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! Today is bad but what can do do?

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.