Friday, August 5, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the August 5th Edition

**First off thanks for the good wishes for our move.  We are going to Louisiana to be near our daughter and her hubby for those that inquired why Louisiana.  Can't move to NJ near eldest(too expensive and crowded and we've lived there already and don't care for it)and Ex-College Boy isn't settled anywhere yet so can't decide on that.  So LA it is, swamps, mud bugs, gators and all.

Someone "Unknown" said they would come visit me in Louisiana but no name signed so I don't know who that is(friend?, stalker?)so that is a little creepy.  Please don't be creepy as I will shut down the blog for now.**


Lots of cleaning and clearing out this past week at Chez Sluggy.  We are in full on clean/clear mode as the move date approaches.

*  I put my antique sewing machine on the local free FB thing and it's leaving on Sunday to go to a new home.

*  I've filled another large bag for the Food Bank and it and the other 2 bags all went out this morning.

*  The power washer is reserved for this weekend so the outside of the house will be sparkly by Monday.

*  I've been using frozen foods for meals and trying my best to eat down the freezer. 

*  We've been eating lots of leftovers and odd meals as we clear out the foodstuff.  Last night was a big lasagna I made for Hubs to clear out lasagna noodles, some  of the homemade canned sauce and cottage cheese.  I had a very small bowl of Kalamata olives and some chicken strips.

*  Finished interviewing realtors this week so will decide on which company to go with to sell this house next week.

*  I found a farm market set up near our house last Sunday.  The only thing they had that I wanted was cukes so I got 6 for $1.  Much better than the .59¢ a cuke Weis wants for cukes.

I made bread and butter pickles on Tuesday.  They should be ready to eat tomorrow. 8-))  I had to buy a jug of vinegar as we were low.  That's all the spending I did on food last week basically-cukes and vinegar.



*  I went to Rite-Aid late last week.  There was a $10 BC when you spend $50 coupon last week(4 different Qs really)so I rolled my BC on 3 cards.  I also had a $XX off $XX spent Q to pair with it on one card. The best thing I got was Mega dose Flonase sprays for free after Qs/sale price/BC earned back.  I had $10/1 Qs(IPQs and L2CQs)for Flonase so I think I got 6 bottles.
 That should keep me in allergy sprays for a good long time.

*  I forgot 2 coupons on my Saturday Rite-Aid trip so took them in on Sunday and got $3 cash for my Refunds/Post Q envelope......

*  I found money this past week!  

         
I am not above trash picking in the trash can outside of Rite-Aid.  If there is a receipt on the top of the pile that's not goopy with a coupon on the bottom of the receipt I will pluck it out.
On Sunday I peered into the trash on the way out and spied someone had thrown these 2 pennies in the trash can!  How disrespectful of money!!  At least give them to the cashier to hold for someone who needs a penny or two to pay for their transaction(or leave it on the floor for me to pick up lol).

Total Found in last Week.... .02¢
Total Found This Year.....$13.96

*  Still making a daily to-do list to keep me on track and to make sure I get sh*t done.  Some days it goes well, other days not so much.  But it's helping.

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  And stay cool.

Sluggy  



9 comments:

  1. I am excited for you, but do not envy the actual packing and moving at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on the move. Making task lists help me. As for frugal wins, I'm just trying to figure the stores here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea good luck moving. It’s no small task! Rhitter - comments on your new blog all popping up. What’s your old blog called? Trying to connect the dots.

      Delete
  3. I know it is so much work to move especially across country but I am so excited. It gives Joel and I a whole other part of the country to visit and bother you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Kroger during lunch today and found an unadvertised sale on Daiya cheese for $1.99. They only had a few bags so might go back this weekend.

    Wasn’t me but that would be funny to show up in Louisiana with a dirty Daryl the dog and see if you want some visitors. 😀

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Louisiana and I commented for the first time on your blog yesterday but I was NOT the anonymous comment who said they would come visit you. I don’t even go visit my own relatives… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  6. We moved 500 miles twice when I was in my 20s and had babies. I don't think I could do even that now and you are moving much farther. Good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was LA was to be nearer your daughter, and wondered also cost of living so thanks for amusing my nosiness. Yes, a bit creepy to not know who wanted to visit. My hubs and I still want to do our Mississippi river road trip. Maybe if timing and location worked, we could find a fish fry to enjoy together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot about the exciting move ahead! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.