Friday, August 26, 2022

Frugal Friday....the August 26th Edition

Here's what went on this past week at Chez Sluggy........

*  Another 2 loads went to Salvation Army this week.

*  I used the Bonus Cash on one card to buy a cool mist humidifier since we had to trash our old one after last Winter.  I still have a little bit of BC on that account to use up.

*  A load went to the food bank.

*  I gave away a bunch of stuff to my friends at Rite-Aid this week.

*  I did a post coupon for $3 on Monday at Rite-Aid.

*  I found money this past week!                  

I found this at the Arby's I stopped at on the way home on Friday to get a sandwich for lunch.....



I found this penny at R-A on the floor Monday.......

And then this change in the foyer on a ledge at R-A that same day.........

This dime was found also at Rite-Aid by the nail polish on Tuesday........

And on Wednesday another dime was found in front of the register and a penny on the counter where else? Rite-Aid!lol

Total Found in last Week.... .29¢
Total Found This Year.....$14.89

I also saw 2 pennies at the Burger King drive-thru but my back hurts too badly to lean out of the car to pick them up. 8-((  A worse back is not worth 2 cents.....

*  Been staying home(other than going to Rite-Aid)and going through stuff to give away, trash or move with us.
Sorry but my life is boring as far as frugality goes.

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  And stay cool.

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. Nothing to write about. Still trying to get settled, and it's been pretty challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your back must really hurt if you will not pick up two pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used free cucumbers from my daughters garden in my lunch. The only cost was a 30 year mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re doing great on frugality getting ready for the move: anything you can give away or trash does not have to be moved, saving money on moving costs. Plus, fewer things to have to lift/carry when you get there, saving wear and tear on yourself. I’d say those are big wins!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t left the house in over a week but just sent Dave to Kroger for wine and sushi. It’s been a rough week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.