Monday, August 1, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Well Poo!" Edition....

Not my tomatoes.

I've been a little too hands off with the garden this year.  After many seeds didn't germinate I lost interest and Hubs is clueless after you plant things other than weeding. 
I went out to pick what looked like lovely fully ripe tomatoes and ever single fruit has blossom end rot. ugh
I have been able to salvage bits and pieces but this is so disappointing.

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chinese Food or FFY
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Squash Casserole
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Lasagna, almost new Pickles
5. Thursday--Applebee's for Lunch(no dinner)
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Leftover Chinese Food or FFY
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Squash Casserole
3. Tuesday--Lunch out w/nephew, FFY dinner
4. Wednesday--FFY
5. Thursday--Salmon, Greek Salad
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY

Opted for Salmon and salad over Lasagna as they weather was hotter.  This week should be cooler.  Breakfast for Dinner didn't materialize either as I kept forgetting to buy French Bread. duh.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 small chicken pot pies

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Salmon
*  Breaded Chicken
                                                   
I spent $37.54 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Weis and Aldi.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $199.60 for July.  

There are 0 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $107.84 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $4.49 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $4.00 on Coupons dotcom in July.
I've earned 5,825 points from shopping on Fetch in July.
I earned 1240 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July. 
I've earned $16.89 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That's $116.33 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $199.60 in grocery spending so in reality it's $83.27 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 49.11% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 46.89% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....1 pc. Chicken Parm.  That's it.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Red Bag Chicken sandwiches, Squash Casserole 
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Lasagna, Salad
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken
5. Thursday--homemade Flatbread Pizza, homemade Pickles
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Using chicken breakfast sausages, bacon, grilled chicken, ground beef for spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and red bag chicken patties from the freezer so proteins are covered.  Will need to fill in with a few items(cukes, French bread is all I can remember right now).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  Every time I go to the grocery store it's more bad news(even Aldi's prices are getting high!).


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. You need calcium in the soil. Grind up egg shells and put in soil around plant or get some at store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way too late to save/fix my tomatoes. I know what to do for BER but I've been focused on other things this Summer(clearing out and moving). I shouldn't have even bothered this year with a garden. 8-)

      Delete
  2. Aldi is still good for produce and soy milk here but the rest is comparable to Kroger now. I bought some falafel there so probably eating falafel wraps several times this week. We have a few servings of leftovers but no real plan after that.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll need to know this stuff about tomatoes. Next year I want at least some tomatoes in pots. Your meals look good, particular FFY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get on top of the food costs & I have no excuse not to shop better now that I'm home & I need to plant some veggies. Yesterday just 4 grocery bags cost $160 and the prices just seem to keep going up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tomatoes need calcium. I put eggshells around my tomatoes to prevent blossom end rot. Then, I read it takes too long for the calcium to get to the roots. I would think that the water from boiling eggs would help the roots. I have no idea, but I would get some fertilizer for the plants now.
    The chicken parm and squash casserole is my favorite meal from your house.
    We forgot to get the pink bag with ads and coupons, so we need to do that, even in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We finally pulled our tomatoes. The groundhog was eating huge bites out of each one and there was no sense in keeping them. He also loves our green beans, and lettuce but is not a fan of sweet peppers

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.