Monday, August 15, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Ya Don't See That Everyday" Edition....


I will have lived here 22 years later this month and I have never seen an actual train going down the tracks at this road intersection. I thought these were abandoned tracks.  It only took almost 22 years to see this here!

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Salmon, Steamed Broccoli
2. Monday--Leftover Lasagna or canned soup or Greek Salad
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Subs
5. Thursday--homemade Flatbread Pizza, homemade Pickles
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Salmon, Steamed Broccoli
2. Monday--Hubs White Chicken Chili, me canned soup
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself(I had pickles and olives)
5. Thursday--Subs
6.  Friday--BBQ Pork Loin, Grilled Corn
7. Saturday--Spaghetti w/Sauce, Chicken Meatballs, Sausage

The plan was on plan until Thursday when Hubs didn't want pizza(I about fainted!lol)so we got Subway.  Friday and Saturday I pulled randomly out of the chest freezer to make meals.  I used the second half of that French bread loaf from the week before to make more French Toast for Tuesday's dinner.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Chicken Meatballs
*  Italian Sausage
*  Pork Loin
*  Salmon
*  bag o' Broccoli
*  Chicken Breasts
*  pack of Bacon
*  Ice Cream
                                                   
I spent $3.19 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Weis.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $23.12 for August.  

There are 16 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $35.78 on Ibotta in August(mostly at R-A).
I've earned $3.15 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in August.
I've earned 910 points from shopping on Fetch in August.
I earned 200 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.

That's $38.93 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $23.12 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$15.81 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 0% as the vinegar was NOT on sale*shock, horror* (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 52.84% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....half of a big lasagna, Pork Loin, Corn, White Chicken Chili Spaghetti and balls/sausage and homemade pickles. 
Lots of leftovers.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheese burgers, Steak Fries
2. Monday--?
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

I am going to visit Sissie this week so am glad for lots of leftovers for Hubs so he doesn't need to cook unless he wants to.  There are fresh tomatoes out of the garden as well as salad fixings here too and some canned veggies left.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing at all unless Hubs wants something not here in the house and goes to get it but then HE is fixing it! ;-)

I am mentally going through the freezer contents in my head and planning possible meals--liver and onions w/mashed taters, beef pie, hot dogs(lots of hot dogs!), beef stew, pecan chicken, mac and cheese, those flatbread pizzas, Harvard beets, stroganoff, bacon and something, etc.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy 

9 comments:

  1. I haven't a clue about meals yet this week, but I am think about left overs. I need to get some veggies, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby said Taco casserole as the Chi Chi tortilla chips are down to crumbs. French toast to use up the stale bread (going to try to do the same with zucchini bread and maybe some zucchini bread as bread pudding) Eggs with potatoes and sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crockpot and vegetable meals is my plan. It's a busy but good stressful kind of week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The countdown has begun and the clock is moving fast! Have fun with Sissie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. Sissie will baby you and take care of you and you can have a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some leftover “meatloaf” but didn’t want it. Just sent Dave to Papa John’s for the half price breadsticks. His dad gave us a buttload of tomatoes so need to figure out what to do with them. This is in addition to the pounds of cherry tomatoes I’m picking every day!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a train track beside a hwy in Cullman with a spur that goes across the highway. I had never seen a train cross there, just go zooming along the road. One day, I had to stop because a train was on the spur I thought had been abandoned. I shook because there were no signals. I am not sure how a person would know a train was crossing. Scary stuff.
    We have eaten all but one meal of stuff we have cooked, so It looks like a cooking marathon is in the works for Tuesday. I will also cook potatoes, carrots and onions for vegetables. I want to buy broccoli, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be in MI I hope to get local produce

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s been a while since we had salmon other than salmon patties. I need to make that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.