Saturday, August 20, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the August 19th Edition on Saturday

Sorry this post is a day late but I was traveling on Friday and didn't get a chance to finish this post in time.

Here's what went on this past week at Chez Sluggy........

*  Another load went to Salvation Army while I was gone to Sissie's house.

*  I made one stop at a Rite-Aid last week going down to see Sissie to spend down more Bonus Cash.  One account/card is almost empty now. rah!

*  I went to visit Sissie before we leave for Louisiana.

She always pampers me so and I needed a small getaway from home and the chaos there.  Really didn't do much as in spend money or go on lots of outings, other than having lunch out two afternoons.  Every morning I woke up to an iced tea from McDonald's too as she gets up so early and I am a slug by comparison.

*  I left Hubs with lots of leftovers for while I was away so he didn't have to buy groceries and cook or get take-out.

*  Trying to use up all my R-A bonus cash.  Most of what I've gotten there lately has gone to the food bank but I'll spend the rest down by buying some needs.

*  I took some little presents down with me for Sissie, her Hubs and Kim so I don't have to move them.  I also took her down 6 lbs. of butter from my freezer that I can't take with us to LA.  I know she could use that!

*  And speaking of butter....Sissie sent a lot of time while I was there baking for her seniors and such that she does for.  She sent me home with a variety of cookies and baklavas for Hubs as well.

*  I filled my gas tank up before I crossed over back into PA at the station I always stop at when going to Sissie's house.  That's .40¢ per gallon saved vs. the cheapest price here!

*  I found money this past week!                  

I found this at the Mickey D's drive-thru down near Sissie's house on Monday......



Then I found this dime on Sissie's kitchen floor on Tuesday......

She put it there for me to find since she hadn't put any change on my bed to find this time. lol

Total Found in last Week.... .36¢
Total Found This Year.....$14.60

*  While I was resting up down at Sissie's house I made a big honking updated To-Do List.  Things were weighing on my mind and I couldn't fully relax but making this list helped me get it all off my mind at least temporarily.

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  And stay cool.

Sluggy  

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were pampered by Sissie! And my dear, you are no slug!

    Nothing really frugal going one. Just trying to get adjusted to new surroundings, but am delighted by lower gas prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two are lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice time you had at Sissies house. You can’t beat that,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissie sure is a gem. I hope your husband appreciated nice meals while you were gone. Mine would have still eaten out or ordered pizza and wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a wonderful visit. Don't expect the same iced tea treatment zt the beach! I am not a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with above posters. Sissie (and Kim) exemplify goodness, giving of their time and talents to those struggling in their lives. Role models for all of us!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.