Monday, August 22, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "New To Me Food" Edition....


Growing up my mother was a dyed in the wool old fashioned Southern cook and my father had a very narrow repertory of foods he would eat which limited what appeared on our dinner table.
Sissie introduced me to artichokes last week for dinner.  It didn't knock my socks off but it was tasty(sort of tasted like asparagus).  Seems like a lot of work though(much like picking crabs).

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Cheese burgers, Steak Fries
2. Monday--?
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Cheese burgers, Steak Fries
2. Monday--Pork Tenderloin w/Provolone Sandwich
3. Tuesday--Steak, Artichokes
4. Wednesday--Chicken w/Teriyaki, Eggrolls, Sushi
5. Thursday--Must-Go Dinner(Fish leftovers from lunch, Egg Roll leftovers)
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself(I had an Arby's Classic Roast Beef-no cheese)
7. Saturday--Swedish Meatballs Sissie made, Salad and leftovers

Basically my plan was whatever Sissie wanted to make until I left her house and Hubs plan was all those leftovers I had for him.  Plan success!

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 7 lbs. of butter I took to Sissie
                                                   
Hubs spent $3.59 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Weis.(a bag of salad and a cucumber)
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $26.71 for August.  

There are 9 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $39.78 on Ibotta in August(mostly at R-A).
I've earned $3.15 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in August.
I've earned 1,000 points from shopping on Fetch in August.
I earned 200 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.

That's $42.93 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $26.71 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$23.78 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 12.86%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 49.74% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....spaghetti and sausage and homemade pickles.
Hubs ate most of the leftovers/planned overs so I've got a full week of cooking ahead.  You know that thrills me beyond words! *snort*

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Beef Pie
2. Monday--Liver and Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Harvard Beets
3. Tuesday--Fish, Collards
4. Wednesday--Mac and Cheese, ?
5. Thursday--Pecan Chicken, Veggie TBD
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Take-Out

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I need milk.  That's about all I can think of at the moment.  I hope to empty the garage fridge by the end of this week and send it bye bye.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy 

3 comments:

  1. My kids love artichokes,I do too, but they really are just a weed we eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. D. has a bunch of leftovers in the fridge, so I plan on eating them for lunch. Dinner menu planning is bit of a challenge for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beavis the cat died so it’s tater tots for dinner tonight. The rest of the week will be whatever. Probably pasta and sandwiches or something . Work sucks without my constant companion hanging out on the keyboard and Zoom bombing meetings. But I still have little Dexter to assist.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.