Friday, April 15, 2022

Frugal Friday....the April 15th Edition

So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste last week. Not much cooking either. Sort of works that way, right? lol

* I finished using those free Secret and Old Spice coupons at Rite-Aid.  I had sent away for these in February from P&G due to some lawsuit where they were giving coupons for freebies if you have recalled products.  Of course I hadn't "paid" OOP monies on the defective items either.   5 free deodorants for the win!


*  I went through the chest freezer and pulled out lots of items to use up if I had other fridge or shelf items to make a meal--tomato sauce from last year's garden, ground beef, steaks, ravioli.  I got 4 meals with leftovers made with items I already had.

* I hit Walmart on Wednesday and bought all this for Ibotta rebates....

Not pictured is a Breakstone cottage doubles(it was eaten already)too.
I also bought a clearance toothpaste, 2 Jello boxes and had a .25¢ any receipt off from a Rite-Aid shop on Monday.  Nothing OOP at Rite-Aid and $4.56 OOP at Walmart after a $1/1 Sargento Q and redeeming a $10 free gift card.  I earned back $9 in regular Ibotta rebates along with a .50¢ Bonus rebate on the Jello and $5 MidWeek Moneymaker Bonus for doing 10 rebates so $10.50 back on a $4.56 expenditure.  Not bad.

*  I used another $10 in free gift cards to cover most of the other items in my order, including a few treats(fudge drizzled popcorn!!)and 4 of these frozen meals.......

Salmon dinners I found in a clearance bin at Walmart, marked down to $2 each.  Some quick and healthy and CHEAP meals tucked into my freezer.  Yes please!

*  At another store I found a slew of frozen meals marked 75% off!  I picked up 4 breakfast sandwich 2 packs, 5 Devour meals,  4 Benihana meals, 2 trays of multi-serve meatloaves and 2 bags of fake chicken w/Asian Orange Sauce.   $89.08 worth of frozen meals for $22.27 OOP.  That is at least 8 breakfasts, 17 lunch or dinners covered for under $23.  Well  I do have to add rice or noodles and veg to the fake chicken and sides to the Meatloaf but even so, great deals!

*  I got $1.50 in post Qs at Rite-Aid on April 11th.....

Forgot to bring a coupon a couple of days before when I purchased something last week.

*  A purse sized bottle of hand sanitizer for free from Rite-Aid on Wednesday...


*  I finally received my replacement R-A gift cards in the mail for the multiple defective ones that wouldn't scan.
This has been a long drawn out nightmare and I am glad it's over with.  Hopefully these will work and I will NEVER buy another Rite-Aid gift card again.  'Nuf said.

*   I found money!

A penny last Friday at the Weis self-checkout.

Found these 2 dimes at my Rite-Aid in different locations in the store on Monday.

2 pennies, one each under a different self-checkout at Weis on April 12th.

A dime in front of my self-checkout on Wednesday at Walmart.


And then a dime in the drive-thru line at Burger King on Wednesday too.  I got a Whopper with a coupon and used a free gift card too.  Free food and finding money too, can't beat that with a stick! lolz

Total Found in last Week...... .43¢
Total Found This Year......$10.34

That's about all I've got for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend and Happy Easter if you celebrate it!  


Sluggy  


4 comments:

  1. And no one ran you over at burger king?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wins were mostly mot spending money and maximizing what we have on hand. My daughter will get a big win when we get her taxes filed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal on the deodorant, Sluggy. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Easter Sunday was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.