Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Back to the 70's Music

10cc was a quirky little British based band in the 1970's that had a few massive pop hits like "I'm Not in Love" and "The Things We Do For Love".

Here's a selection I bet you have never heard before.  It's said to have been the inspiration for "Queen" to write "Bohemian Rhapsody".


It's been a favorite of mine since hearing it in the '70's while working in summer stock theatre.  The costume designer had a few of 10cc's cassette tapes(!!!)and played them often in the costume shop.

Other 10cc offerings beyond their big hits........



What often overlooked band do you enjoy from your past?

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. you are correct! I have never heard it before and I can see where Queen could have been inspired by it. There are similarities .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about serendipity! I am watching the 2019 Great British Menu series this week. The theme is 50 years of British music. 10cc was one of the bands mentioned and I had to google them although I am of that generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Golden Earing- still a good head banging band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of 10cc before. I spent the 70's having babies and raising them. I don't remember much popular culture...lol. I can see how that inspired Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very overlooked....D.L. Byron. He had a hit called No Romance, No Weekend. I played his album, "This Day and Age," to death. He also wrote Shadows of the Night which was a big hit for Pat Benetar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a child of the 70s, so I've never heard of this band. I love Average white band. I love jazz & jazz fusion & never knew it was a bunch of white guys performing songs like Pick up the pieces & Atlantic avenue. I only learned about them when we were on vacation last summer, cause I was singing Atlantic avenue while we were at the beach...lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.