Friday, April 22, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the April 22nd Edition

 So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste last week. Eating lots of leftovers and bits and pieces we already have.

* I cobbled together our Easter dinner totally from what we already had here.  A turkey breast from the freezer, stuffing and mashed potatoes from boxes and corn from a can.  Nothing spent OOP and it was plenty for us(plus leftovers).

* I haven't bought any food so far this week.  That may change if I go to Walmart later today. 8-)

*  I cashed in some Swag Bucks for a $25 free gift card(which is why I may be going to Walmart later).

*  Another purse sized bottle of hand sanitizer for free from Rite-Aid on Wednesday again.  I went there to hand off some liquor to a friend.

*   I found money!

When I went in to hand off some liquor at Rite-Aid I spied this penny sitting in the middle of the aisle floor back toward the pharmacy area.  At least I didn't get skunked last week even though I barely went anywhere. ;-)

Total Found in last Week...... .01¢
Total Found This Year......$10.35

*  I found that Rite-Aid changed the brand of a medication I use and it just isn't working for me.  Talked to the pharmacist and she said that brand is no longer available.  She neglected to tell me it just isn't available at Rite-Aid.  Grrr  So I found it elsewhere and transferred that Rx which they will mail to me(saving me having to travel to pick it up) plus I will save $25 on it to boot. Win/Win for me, Lose/Lose for Rite-Aid for telling a half truth. 8-((

That's about all I've got for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!


Sluggy  


3 comments:

  1. The opposite. A good chunk of my paycheck got eaten up before even being paid due to errors. Grrt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handing off hootch, I knew you were up to no good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing frugal here, but I felt good making a new chili without having to buy many items; the most were at home

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.