Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sort of a Frugal Friday Post on Tuesday

 Slowly on the mend here.  Still trying to catch up on "stuff".  So behind I can never die. lolz

I guess eating happenstance/whatever you can find to cook here is frugal.  Though I did spend a bit of $$ on food last week though I can't remember what unless I consult a grocery receipt or three. 8-)

I found a penny last week......


Don't ask me where or when but I took this photo as proof.  I think it was at Weis(PMITA)Markets on April 8th.  I was in Weis on that date and I know I didn't find that at Rite-Aid so....

Add in the $6.24 in found change from the trip out West in March and we are at.......

Total Found in last Week...... .01¢
Total Found This Year......$9.91

No cheap $1.99 lb. Butter here in PA at Aldi stores either.  Some states got the short end of the butter stick this Spring. *snort*

Between resting, coughing, blowing my nose and sleeping I did a bit of decluttering last week.

First I cleaned out my bedside stand drawer.  I was scrounging in it for cough drops and found a pile of old ones had clumped together and had melted/leaked onto the drawer making a sticky mess.  I went ahead and dumped everything out and sorted/threw out some stuff and reorganized neatly what got put back in.  Some unopened items got put back into the toiletries stockpile.  No photo of this industry but I did finally get the kitchen pantry tackled with the help of Hubs last weekend.


The BEFORE, a packed pantry.

And the AFTER.........


Some old/opened "we are never going to use" items got thrown away, some unopened items got put back into the garage and yet other items got consolidated if 2 of the same were opened.

Next on the list is to go through the garage stockpile but that will be a multiday project and have to wait for warmer weather.

Oh, it snowed like a demon here on Sunday....and it also sleeted......and rained.  Mother Nature just couldn't make up her mind.  3 seasons in the course of 24 hours.

I've got the crockpot going so Beef Stroganoff will be on tonight's menu.  I have a trip to R-A planned as well as Hubs wants to bathe the dogs today as it's warmed up a little.  The dogs really need grooming first though so I'll be chopping fur off them before said baths.

We don't have any plans for Easter weekend.  We were invited to the DIL parents big shindig in Jersey but we have the dogs and they can't be left alone for an entire day.  Ex CB is having dinner with his new flame's parents so we are on our own this year and I really don't want to cook a grand meal.  It might be tv dinners or take-out for Easter here at Chez Sluggy.

I really need to find the seeds I bought and start plants this week in the little greenhouse kit I bought.  We can't plant outside until Mother's Day or later here and expect anything to live. lolz  Ah, the joys of living on a mountain in PA.

That's about it for here.  What's going on in your neck of the woods?

Sluggy


5 comments:

  1. We planted tomatoes and squash Sunday once things warmed up and have been getting some of the flowering things planted. It is supposed to be in the 80's today but looks like it might rain so no yard work to speak of is going to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found 36 cents in the Albertson's parking lot last week. I didn't post about it because I did not want to make you feel bad as this isn't a competition or anything. COMPETITION OR ANYTHING....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's howling and thundering and the weather just turned to crap. I'm worried my college kid might be stuck at school for weekend, though she did say that might be an option. She only has two weeks left after so could probably use the down time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may luck out yet for cheap butter. Last week, some stores had it cheap. This week will be our turn. Maybe it will happen yet if you have Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living on the border between PA and OH. Butter on sale in OH Aldi but not PA. Wondering what the was about. They get all the good things like sale butter and wine.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.