Monday, April 25, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Still Plodding Along" Edition....

I am up to July 29th, 2017 on my photo editing project. go me. Only about 2K more photos to go. lolz  I don't recall taking SOOO many photos!!

I spent some Rite-Aid gift card monies over the weekend and I forgot 2 $3/1 Qs so I get to go there later today to cash in those coupons for $6 in greenbacks.

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Corn
2. Monday--Ham Steak, Veggies TBD, mac and cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Brussels Sprouts
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6.  Friday--FFY or Leftovers
7. Saturday--FFY or Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Corn
2. Monday--Leftovers, FFY
3. Tuesday--Leftovers, FFY
4. Wednesday--Leftovers, FFY
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6.  Friday--FFY or Leftovers
7. Saturday--Chicken Parm, Brussels Sprouts

Well 2 of the planned dinners happened(though not necessarily on the day it was planned for).  And the Chinese take-out happened as well.  The rest of the week was leftovers or Fend for Yourself.  It worked for us. 8-))

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Turkey Breast
*  Breaded Chicken
*  Mozzarella Cheese
*  Brussels Sprouts

I spent $52.05 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week.  I managed 1 trip to Walmart. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $235.32 for April.  

There are 5 shopping days left in April.  

I've earned $106.85 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $4.44 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $8 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in April.
I've earned 24,168 points($24.16)from shopping on Fetch in April.
I earned 3155 Kicks($12.62)from food shopping on Shop Kick in April. 
I've earned 3370 Swag Bucks($33.70) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in April.

That's $119.29 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $235.32 in grocery spending so in reality it's $116.03 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 56.66%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 52.09% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....turkey, stuffing, chicken parm, Brussels sprouts.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Hamburger on Roll, Beans
2. Monday--Ham Steak, Veggies TBD, mac and cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--FFY or Leftovers
7. Saturday--FFY or Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Nothing but milk for the mac and chees and ground beef for the burgers so I'll be spending a bit this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy


3 comments:

  1. I need to put a turkey or at least a part turkey on my shopping list before we get warm weather. Why we only have one time a year is silly. Seeing turkey breast and stuffing on your plan sounds so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a great deal this week, or so I thought. salsa for 80 cents a jar so I bought six, got home and the handles on the grocery bag broke, smashing all the jars of salsa but one lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.