Monday, April 11, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table



The "Still Feeling Unwell" Edition... 

I can't think what I've been doing this past week besides going to the doc, getting an Rx, taking it and sleeping so I get over this sinus infection.  I haven't had one this bad in about a decade. ugh.  


Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
Nothing

And here's what actually happened........
Well we ate a bit.  I don't recall when/where/what mostly.  It was a mish-mash of whatever was here and Hubs or I could heat up.  I had a fair amount of soup and there was some take-out soup and a Hoagie dinner for Hubs' birthday(he had a BOGO offer from Primo Hoagies).  I made a Hamburger and Noodles meal with grilled Asparagus on the side before I really felt badly. But other than that there was nothing remarkable or noteworthy about meals(such as they were).

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  a pack of burritos

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  No Clue

I spent $73.35 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week.  I managed a trip to Walmart and a trip to Weis and threw stuff in the cart with no rhyme or reason plus a birthday cake for Hubs. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $149.20 for April.  I did manage to do some Ibotta/Shop Kick/Swag Bucks deals in the process.

There are 19 shopping days left in April.  

I've earned $58.73 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $1.52 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in April.
I've earned 6,385 points($6.38) from shopping on Fetch in April.
I earned 1830 Kicks($7.32)from food shopping on Shop Kick in April. 
I've earned 762 Swag Bucks($7.62) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in April.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in April.

That's $60.25 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $149.20 in grocery spending so in reality it's $88.95 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.
Go me! 8-/

My savings percentage for the last week was 33.52%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 28.48% so far(w/out R-A).  I am really off my game right now.

Leftovers going into this week.....the burger/noodle dish but Hubs will polish that off for lunches.  The leftover Lasagna from before we went on the trip is in the freezer and I'll probably pull that out this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Tacos
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out unless Hubs cooks
6.  Friday--Fish Fry, Coleslaw(if I can manage to buy some cabbage)
7. Saturday--Lasagna, Salad

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Cabbage.  I've got everything else.  That is if I can manage to get it together enough to cook.  Otherwise, all bets are off....

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Great deals(even good deals)....what's that lately? hahahaha


Sluggy

  

7 comments:

  1. I am trying to get over the worst sinus infection in ages! There is no sale butter at Aldi's but it seems other parts of the country does have butter for $2/lb or thereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're feeling crummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're still so unwell. I wouldn't even care about a budget or meals after so many days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon.
    Yep I went off plan and don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better soon. This is the kind of meal planning I've always used lol! but now that I'm not working I am doing a little better in the menu planning area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I missed hearing from you! Best wishes for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.