Friday, December 24, 2021

Frugal Friday....the Christmas Eve Dec. 24th Edition

So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened during this past week.......

*  I haven't cooked a single meal in 3 weeks(today I begin cooking for Christmas day).  How is that frugal?  Well, I've been using up some of my free food gift cards and doing intermittent fasting as well.  I've taken off ALL the weight I gained on vacation.  Most of the weight was from imbibing alcoholic refreshments and not taking my water pill for a week.  I got a lot of walking done on the ship and shore. Go me.

*  Last weekend Easy Spirit shoes website had a big sale(more than 50% off on some styles/sizes)so I ordered a butt load of shoes and they came 2 days ago.....

I haven't even had time to open the box yet.  Not only was it a great deal on about the only brand of shoes I can wear but I loaded up and now can get rid of some worn out pairs that hurt my feet.

*  While we were in the area I shopped at Aldi to get some items cheaper than the local grocery store.  Cheap butter, tortilla chips and a Stollen for Christmas?  Yes please!

*  I had to get a new cell phone as mine started dying on the vacation.  Did I get the newest and latest with all the gegaws that cost as much as a month's rent or a mortgage payment?  Silly question if you know me. lol  I got a "nice" phone that does what I need it to do and spent $400 on it.

*  I did some grocery shopping this week to finish up a $10 Ibotta Bonus.  I earned $42.28 in rebates and only spent $9.40 after using free Walmart gift cards.
Whether I'll finish 12 more rebates to get this Weekend $5 Bonus is yet to be seen. ;-)  I've still got $40 in free Walmart gift cards. 8-)))

*  I've been using up/rolling Bonus Cash at R-A to get stocking stuffers for my family for cheap or free.  Most of this BC needs using or it is expiring so best to use it up, right?  I've only got a few BC to spend on the day after Christmas left so I am show I'll find some clearance stuff to use it up on. 8-)

*   I found money!

I found a crumpled up dollar on the floor in my Rite-Aid and then a penny near the register on Tuesday.


I found all the above on that same day at various places.  When I found that dollar at my R-A the cashier said when you find money laying around it's a sign angels are watching over you.  I think she gave me a dash of good luck for the rest of the day as I found $1.54 in money on that day alone!

I found this quarter at the Burger King drive thru when I used a coupon to get a drink for a $1.

This dime and penny were found I don't remember where over the weekend(Walmart?)...

I found this dime at the Verizon store when I got my new phone and the 3 pennies were found in Weis(PMITA)Markets-one under the newspaper rack and the other two in the foyer leaving the store.

And this quarter was found in the Aldi parking lot in an abandoned cart far from the corral.
It was a great week finding change!!

Total Found in last Week...... $2.28
Total Found This Year......$23.60


That's about all I've got for this week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And here is today's Christmas selection...........

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I'm lucky if I can find my own purse let alone money on the floor. Go you! We had little perks of money come our way and DH had some gift cards from a couple customers. That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did have a run of luck. You and family have a Merry, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting the Christmas song. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to find all that money on the same day. That’s great losing the vacation weight. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful song! Merry Christmas Sluggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good run of not cooking. I wish the same for me! Tommy has taken up finding money!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.