Monday, February 3, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "WTF?!" Edition................


I've never been much for sweet and crunchy snacks(like kettle corn, etc.)so when I saw these at Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)I had to take a photo.  My nephew is a BIG FAN of Autumn and anything Pumpkin/Pumpkin Spice scented/flavored.  I'll have to see what he thinks of this specific one.
Anybody out there ever seen/tried these?  Herr's a regional snack brand around here so I don't know if folks in other parts of the country have Herr's brand where they live.

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pizza
2. Monday--Haddock, Fries, Coleslaw
3. Tuesday--Chicken Caesar Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli, Salad
6. Friday--Chicken Broccoli Casserole
7. Saturday--Pork Chops, Green Beans(Hubs is cooking)

And this is what actually happened--

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pizza
2. Monday--Butternut Squash Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce, Tossed Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(Chicken and Dumplings)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers(Pizza, Salad)
5. Thursday--Haddock, Fries, Cole Slaw
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Barbecue Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out. 

The Chicken Caesar Salad, Casserole and Pork Chops didn't happen.  We had so much Cole Slaw leftover after the Fish meal that I defrosted some smoke pork for BBQ instead of making one of those meals.  Then we had so much leftover Pizza, Ravioli, Chicken and Dumplings that we had two additional leftover nights.  

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
*  3 bags of Squash Ravioli
*  1 pack of Haddock
*  1 bag of Smoked Pork

A whole chicken I bought at Wegman's last week that I forgot about($6.87)my January Grand Total spending on food to $149.73.
Other than the freebie at Weis I didn't do any more grocery shopping in Jan. I did spend a total of $37.12 at Malacari's produce and Ollie's over the weekend which starts off February's tally for food spending.

My savings percentage last week was 47.60%(without Rite-Aid trips)and January's monthly savings total comes in at 57.86%(w/out R-A).  The February savings percentage is 42.90% so far(w/out R-A).

I have 26 more food shopping/spending days in February.

Leftovers going into this week.....Taco Meat, Chicken and Dumplings, Baked Beans and Cole Slaw.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fajitas
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--FFY
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?  maybe Take-Out? Who Knows?

What needs buying for this menu?  Cabbage  I've got a corned beef and ground beef and chicken strips already for those 3 meals.  I'm going to try to stay home this week mostly as I already hit the Bread Outlet and Price Chopper this past weekend(which counts on this week's shopping).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Weis(PMITA)Markets has been pretty "eh" the last few weeks other than finding instant discount stickers on meat items(and I've only bought a few of those).

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. Yuck yuck yuck. But then I don't love potato chips and when I do eat them just go for Salt and Vinegar. Still, that's taking pumpkin spice waaaay too far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross pumpkin spice everything, this should only be used on a donut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like snacks to be salty and crunch and baked treats sweet. They would be a no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Herr's once somewhere around here. I hate pumpkin spice anything. I do like pumpkin pie, though. I like sweet things, but I do like Ruffles and the Golden Flake wavy potatoes. I would have sweet most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made chili beans, BBQ pork, and chicken pot pie to heat and eat as needed this week. That helps a busy week. What also helps a busy week is a Sluggy Box! There was nothing boring about it! It arrived safely today and was even better in person. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent you a picture of little Dexter - the infamous hair tie thief. He should make a cameo in your next post!

    Jen G. (The real slim shady from Indiana)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d probably eat that if it was a free Friday download from Kroger but wouldn’t buy it.

    Meal options this week are a buttload of lentil soup and a giant pasta bake. I don’t really care about variety so say eat it or be hungry! 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkin spice stuff is just wrong and I do like salty sweet crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First thought about the snack... bleh! Ok... yes, my meal plan was on target. I am still eating the chickpea curry soup I made. (Work bought lunch two days last week). This week is salad with grilled chicken, the soup, and egg bites with sweet potatoes. Next week may be more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.