Thursday, February 6, 2020

Wellness Wednesday & Stuff

I almost forgot that yesterday was Wellness Wednesday for February!  Can you imagine that? ;-)

But I did get over to R-A and it seems like Wellness Wednesday is mostly gone.  True, if you are signed up for the 65+ Wellness program you get a 20% discount on what you buy(unless it's sale price is better than that)on WW.  But if you are a Gold Level Wellness member you get 20% off reg. price everyday so that's really not a deal to me.
But no more coupons for WW as far as I can tell. 8-(

Also Rite-Aid seems to have also discontinued it's Allergy Rewards Program(for every $75 spent on select Allergy Products you earn a $20 BC reward during a calendar year).  No one has gotten any credit toward this program for buying these items since Jan.1st it's been reported and there is no mention of it on the end part of receipts anymore.
Boo.

But I went up to Rite-Aid anyway to do a deal for this week.
Like Ms Goose on the Living Large For Much Less blog mentioned last week, if you got your R-A $20 Visa debit card from the last Spend $50/Get $20 Visa card from that previous promotion it's a good week to try to roll it to get another $20 Visa card this week.

While I didn't use my $20 Visa card I used some Rite-Aid gift cards earned in 2018 from a "Spend $50/Get a $10 R-A gift card Beauty" Deal instead.
I'd rather spend the gift cards only valid at R-A and keep the Visa debit card because I can spend it anywhere.  They are valid for 6 months so I can deal with that time frame to use them up.

So here is what I bought at first--
2 x R-A Vitamin D3 BOGOFree=$15.99
2 x R-A Vitamin C BOGOFree=$9.99
4 x Airwick double refills BOGOFree=$13.98
2 x Cover Girl eye palettes 20% disc.=$10.38
SubTotal......$50.34

Coupons Used
1 x $4 wyspend $20 R-A CatQ=$4.00
1 x $5 wyspend $25 R-A Vitamins R-AQ=$5.00
2 x $5.50/2 Airwick double refills IPQ=$11.00
2 x $3/1 Cover Girl eye items IPQ=$6.00
1 x $2/1 Cover Girl item receiptQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.......$28.00

$50.34-$28.00=$22.34 +.06¢ tax=$22.40
I should have earned my Reward Code for the $20 Visa card except.....

Cover Girl EYE items didn't qualify so I had to return them and rebuy two CG face items. ugh.
So the return of the CG eye items earned me back my $10 BC I had used plus $1.01 in cash(due to coupons and sales tax paid).


Not sure why the computer said give me cash since I used BC and gift cards but whatever. ;-)

So this is what I actually bought......



2 x R-A Vitamin D3 BOGOFree=$15.99
2 x R-A Vitamin C BOGOFree=$9.99
4 x Airwick double refills BOGOFree=$13.98
2 x Cover Girl concealers BOGO50%=$11.23
SubTotal......$51.19

Coupons Used
1 x $4 wyspend $20 R-A CatQ=$4.00
1 x $5 wyspend $25 R-A Vitamins R-AQ=$5.00
2 x $5.50/2 Airwick double refills IPQ=$11.00
2 x $3/1 Cover Girl face items IPQ=$6.00
Coupon Total.......$26.00

$51.19-$26.00=$25.19
If I had done the transaction correctly the first time I would have used the whole $10 in BC then $15.19 in free R-A gift cards so a "spend down" of $5.19

As it stands however I used $5.55 of my $10 BC and put the rest of the $11.39 OOP on various free R-A gift cards("spending" $16.94), received $1.01 in cash back on the botched transaction and earned my $20 Visa card code.
rah.


I've entered the code and got an email of congrats and my Visa card will be here in about 2 weeks.

Though there were no Wellness Wednesday coupons they did have the WW table set up with other coupons and samples on it........


$2/1 CeraVe item Qs and  $5 wyspend $25 R-A vitamins Qs.  R-A is introducing a new "cleaner" line of Vitamins and what with the whole R-A line of vitamins BOGOFree this week I incorporated those into what I bought.  If you need vitamins and you spend $25 it's not too bad a deal at R-A this weeek since their vitamins are also BOGOF.
That $5 Q is valid through Saturday 2/8 only though so if you find them in your store you have to use it this week but be warned, when I used the Q on 2/5 it beeped and the register said it was expired! lolz
Good old Rite-Aid.......

They also have 2 different CeraVe samples, Ricola drops(the new ones)and a little pill container for a key ring from Bayer.
Better than a poke in the eye with a stick but WWQs going away makes me sad.
But the company has to change things to stay competitive and not go bankrupt so it's understandable.

Did y'all buy anything at Rite-Aid this week?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. There is no RA anywhere around here. I have given up on using Walgreens to get good deals. So, it is back to CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! I've never seen WW qs or items at any of my stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a Rite Aid here. I am still working on learning the ins and outs of Walgreens and the occasional CVS.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.