Thursday, February 13, 2020

Weekend Ibotta Shopping & Dollar Generals Clearance Deals

Even feeling like crap I still did some Weis and Walmart shopping over last weekend to earn the $5 Weekend Warrior Bonus when you buy 8 qualifying items.

First at Weis......


Spent $24.67 w/sales tax
Earned $10.32 on Ibotta

Then Walmart........


Spent $11.28 w/sales tax
Earned $5.73 on Ibotta

Got the $5 Bonus so $21.05 in Ibotta rebates total.
$35.95-$21.05 rebates=$14.90 OOP for all 9 items.

The 4 best deals here were the Nivea lotion was $1.23 after 2/1 ManQ/2 rebates, the Noodle cups were .03¢ total after rebate, the Minute Rice cup was a .21¢ moneymaker and the Nivea shave foam was a $1.60 moneymaker(2 x $2-$2/2 ManQ-$3.60 rebates).
We NEVER get Nivea ManuQ in our inserts here but we did a week ago last Sunday so I am making an effort to use them! lolz

I need to buy only 3 more qualifying Ibotta items before 2/17 to earn another $10 "Cupid Cash" Bonus so that's the "mission" this week. ;-)  The Weekend Warrior Deal was over the weekend but this Cupid Cash runs 10 days and everything bought during the WWD applies toward the CCD too.
Except one of my store trips(the Weis one)isn't showing as counting toward the CCD presently but that one was within the time frame for both deals.  I guess I have to write to Ibotta about it but I did make a trip yesterday to Weis and bought more items that qualify(luckily)so maybe I'll just wait a bit.

Then last weekend I hit the Dollar General Clearance Event on Saturday and utilized the $5 when you spend $25 digital Q.
I also hit another DG south of me that's pretty much in the middle of nowhere because I figured they'd have more/better stuff and they did.  Plus since my total was over $25 there the manager/cashier gave me another $5/$25 printed Q to use on that order.
Sweet!

At the first store among my scores was this food item........


Cans of chili for .39¢ each.  This stuff is not Hormel by no means(what Hubs and Ex-CB prefer)but they have had it in the past and it is serviceable on their burritos.  So for that price I got 8 cans.
I got Ex-CB 3 Powerades too....$1 off when you bought 3 and with the piece of the $5/$25 each bottle was .54¢.

I bought other items in my orders(socks, doggie treats and other things that don't count in my food/toiletries budget/spending)but here is the rest of what I bought not including the stuff noted above........


4 x Dove men's gift sets
5 x Axe men's gift sets
2 x Dial men's gift sets
5 x Dr. Teal's gift sets
1 x Calgon gift set
1 x Whole Blends mini gift set
1 x Colgate twin pack toothpaste
2 x Suave men's shampoo
2 x Head and Shoulders conditioner
1 x 6 pack Dial soap
2 x DG ladies razor packs
4 x Assorted bottles of body wash(Palmer's/St. Ives/Dial/Nivea)

All were discontinued/discounted items at various %s then 50% off that amount for the clearance sale plus I used 2 x $5/wyspend $25 Qs and I also used $5 total in other digital DGQs on assorted items in the photo.
I'm not divulging what I actually spent on all this OOP yet as the February giveaway will involve guessing that amount. 8-))

Some of the above will be used as Christmas gifts, some for giveaways in the future and what we are keeping has been accounted for in my food/toiletries spending from this past week on last Monday's post.

I confess that I don't shop at Dollar General really but if I am up for going out I'll hit these Clearance Events they hold because you never know what goodies you'll find.  I believe my last trip to one was Last May.
The only other time I go there really is when they have discounted gift card deals sporadically.

Did any of y'all hit the DG clearance sale?
Any great buys there?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Good finds at great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not aware of these Clearance Sales. Where do I look for the ads for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe they are advertised in any ads for DG. You need to check out a blog or Youtoober who specializes in DG deals. That's where I find out about them.

      Delete
  3. One year at Dollar Gen I hit their Christmas super clearance. Every item was either a dime or nickel I walked out of the store with 40 rolls of Christmas ribbon. I still am using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a dollar general here. but those are certainly good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got in on several of the Ibotta deals you did. It's my daughter who does them. She got the $10 deal too. It's such a great program.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.