Friday, February 21, 2020

Frugal Friday......the February 21st Edition

Checking in on the frugal stuff from last week and here we go!


* I got the Weis freebie last Friday.........

A can of tuna.
But the freebie Q didn't come off.  And I had even taken this can and another can(which was probably the freebie one after all, even though it was a more expensive variety)up to the Customer Service desk to ask which one it was and the employee told me this cheaper one, so that's the one I bought.


So I got to trot back to the CS desk after it didn't come off my bill and I got handed .69¢.
I'd prefer a refund on my c/c but change it a ok by me and this money is now in my store refund/post Q envelope.

*  I made $43.45 in Ibotta rebates since last Friday. See a previous post on that.  8-)))

* I bought stuff at Rite-Aid and Weis..........


Total spent at Rite-Aid so far this week.........$10.55 in Bonus Cash.
Total earned back in BC/Ibotta........$8.00

The best deals frond at Weis(PMITA)Markets so far this week...........


$4.67 paid OOP, $5 earned on Ibotta.


$9.39 paid OOP, $9.92 earned on Ibotta.

* I found money!


2 pennies at Weis(PMITA)Markets last Friday.  One penny was next to the self-checkout machine and the other was under the candy rack between this machine and another self-checkout.  After I strained to reach that one, when I stood back up the employee manning/overseeing those machines had been standing and watching me, wonder what in heck I was doing!?.  I showed her the penny and she laughed and said, "That was a lot of work for a penny!".  I smiled and said, "Hey! It's money and free money is never too much work for me."  8-)))


On Sunday after picking up my Rxs at R-A I spied this penny in front of the register counter and it came home with me.


This penny was found in Rite-Aid as well by the pharmacy counter on Wednesday.


And this dime was behind the counter that same trip to R-A.  Two employees and I were talking about how I find change a lot and the new employee said there was a dime under the counter that had been there for weeks so she picked it up and handed it to me.  I just need to "train" all the other R-A folks to find change and give it to me! lolz
Total Found Money this week...... .14¢
Total Found Money this year.......$42.76


*  I filled my car tank with discounted Weis gas.  Points expired last Friday so I drove my car until it was on fumes and filled it up last Friday. .30¢ a gallon discount is nothing to sneeze at but at times like this I just wish my gas tank was larger. ;-)


* Last Friday was Valentine's Day and we kept it as low key as ever!  I had found a Hickory Farms meat/cheese gift box set at the Weis in the town South of here last week clearance priced from Xmas.
$12.99 reg. price for $4.00.  It didn't have a use/sell by date until March so I paid for it with some WAM.  Nothing says love like a box of food to my Hubs. lolz  I also had a Vday card for Hubs from Dollar Tree I got back in 2019 that I had forgotten to give him last year, oops!  So no money spent this year on a card.
I also cooked him Shrimp Scampi using ingredients I already had on hand(and the shrimp had been bought on clearance too).  No meal out at some overpriced venue(and crowded)specializing in Valentine's Day meals.

* I had a 30% off discount for Kohl's that was expiring on the 17th so we hit the local Kohl's and then on Sunday I hit another Kohl's south of here to see what clearance stuff I could find to pair with that discount.
I got Ex-CB some clothes for next Xmas(3 pieces I can't show it here), 2 tops for me(I didn't try them on so they might go back)and all this..........

5 x $9.99 priced candles in glass jars.  They were marked down to $1.99 so they were $1.40 each after 30% off.
The 'Tis the Season scented ones smell very good, the Frosted Pine ones were ok.  I didn't buy a Mulling Spices scented one because that smell just didn't appeal to me.
So I am all "candled up" for the Christmas Holidays 2020.

And I got a Xmas ornie for Dixie Belle of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel doggy.


We had looked at this ornie before Xmas but it was $18 or something ridiculous like that.  Even when Kohl's had them 50% off right before Xmas I was not tempted to spend $8+ on it.
But for $2.23 on clearance and with my 30% off discount?
Why not?! lolz
You never see Cavalier's in her variety(the Ruby coloration)....it's usually the Blenheim(white and ginger markings)variety.
Now Dixie has an ornie just like Chester does to hang on our tree this year. ;-)

That's about it for me this past week...........


Any frugal wins in your world this past week?

Sluggy


3 comments:

  1. Is it not sad how people will walk past money. I bought coffee at weis 2 of the exact same thing and price. The discount was a difference of 6 cents more on the one. Hubby says let it go no way. So asked at desk why the difference. They had no idea why then she asks if I would like my 6 cents back ?? I said of course these things add up if I just let it go. What is wrong with people money is money and it was my money. Things that make you go hmm. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buy on those candles. No wins here as the remodel has taken all my money and I have to earn more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boca burgers aren’t my favorite but they’re handy to keep around. They were on sale if you bought 5 plus a $1 rebate each from Ibotta. Hope I’m not judged by the food police! 😁

    Also used my quarterly Kroger rebate yesterday. It was $40 this time so super cheap trip yesterday.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.