Sunday, January 24, 2016

Rite-Aid Last Week

Well the snow storm thwarted my evil plan as I wasn't able to get to Rite-Aid on Saturday to finish the deals I wanted to do last week.
Rats.

I shared what I bought on my son's card last Sunday(which was a $14.59 moneymaker)but here is what I bought on my card later on this past week.........


I actually did 5 transactions--2 of the cosmetic items in 1, the other cosmetic in a another 1, the air fresheners in 1, 2 x Kleenex with the Vitamints in another 1 and 2 x Kleenex and dish soaps in the last 1.

Each 2 boxes of Kleenex 4-packs generated a $2 OYNO Catalina Q so that's why I broke up those purchases into 2 orders.  2 of the Physician's Formula items have mail-in rebates so that's why I bought those 2 in separate orders.  And the air fresheners where bought first on another day because the store's truck order hadn't come in that week yet so I couldn't do the Kleenex purchases yet as they were out of stock.
See?....there really is a method to my madness.  lolz

Altogether this all came to $64.96 w/tax.
Coupons came to $13.29
$64.96-$16.30=$48.66

I used $48.66 in Plenti points to pay and earned another $32 in new Plenti points(2x $10 wyb $15 Physician's Formula, $10 Bonus Starting Points wyb $30, $2 Kleenex wyb $15), received $3.30 in cash at SavingStar(Renuzit) and will receive $15 in mail-in cash rebates for the cosmetics(Physician's Formula), making this a $1.64 moneymaker AND I still have a $2 OYNO Catalina to spend too.
Deducting the cost of the stamps to mail for the cosmetic rebates and it's still a .74¢ moneymaker.  ;-)

I had plans to do the P&G Deal(earning $20 in Plenti points)on Saturday.  I had to wait a day for the new Plenti points I earned to go "live" from Friday's purchases and when the snow happened well, I didn't get to the store on Saturday.
Rats.
If I had my 2 x Pampers, 2 x Cover Girl eye shadow and 1 Charmin TP pack would have "cost" me $1.90 + tax after sales/Qs/new Plenti points.
Oh well.......

Let's recap all our purchases of last week--

I "bought".....
6 x 12-packs Coke products
2 x 12-packs Charmin
2 x Vitamints
2 x Cover Girl eye shadow
2 x Cover Girl mascara
2 x Palmolive dish soap
4 x Kleenex 4-pack bundles
6 x Renuzit air fresheners
3 x PFormula cosmetic items

And after sales/coupons/rebates/taxes/cost of stamps I "made" $15.33(and a $2 Catalina too)to bring this all home for FREE! 8-)

I'll be laying off of Rite-Aid this week as the Starting Points Bonus Deals are finished for January and the next promo for February doesn't start until next Sunday 1/31.  I'm not real crazy about the next promo as you have to "spend" $100 before the first reward of $20 kicks in.  This promo will be harder to work the deal so that I don't "spend" anything to get my free stuff. 8-)))

Other than buying some gift cards that generate Plenti points this week there isn't anything for me to buy at Rite-Aid until next week.

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. You did great even with missing getting out on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "snow storm thwarted my evil plan"-Haha made me laugh. Goof.
    You need to start planning your attack on CVS so I can copy you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.