Monday, January 11, 2016

A Few More 2015 Recaps

Just a couple more recaps here at Chez Sluggy before we move on to 2016 Goals.

*  Exercise Program
I started "real" exercising in 2015 in mid-March.
I was able to log in 460 miles on the exercise bike for the year.
My best months were June, July and August.
While I only did a few miles in September and then in October, I was also doing Physical Therapy for my foot issue(lol)those months so I was exercising just not riding a bike.
I really didn't add in any weight training last year.  That will be an added thing going into 2016.

*  Eating Out
I try to keep a limit of $100 on Eating Out per month.  This doesn't count Eating Out when traveling and there was a LOT of traveling last year!  This $100 mark doesn't include any special occasion Eating Out either.....like birthday celebrations, when people come to visit and we take them out, that sort of thing.
Eating Out amounted to $3212.71 in 2015.
Of that, just the "Regular Eating Out" came to $874.81.  This comes to $72.90 per month average so we stayed under the $100 a month goal for that.
Now the remaining $2,337.90 in Special Eating Out?....that's another story! lolz
True we can afford it but still, that's a big pile of cash!
Other than not eating out as much(or traveling as much)I'll be thinking on ways to bring this down a little in the new year.

*  Now I am just in waiting mode to get our end of year credit card statement that breaks down all the c/c spending into categories so I can see "how much we spent on what" in those categoriess last year. I put much of our spending on the credit card(and pay it off every month in full)rather than pay by cash or check/debit for the free reward points putting it on plastic gets me.  It's not much of a savings in the end but spending this way does give us FREE gift cards that I can use for giving, food spending or purchasing items we need/want.

Sluggy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.