* I had my final post op check-up for my cataract surgery. It's basically all healed up and my vision is enough for me not to need glasses to drive anymore....at least in that eye.
After wearing glasses for the last 46 years this is quite a change in my life! And I still find myself reaching for my glasses every morning when I get out of bed. ;-)
Now it's on to the other eye's surgery appointment early July. I just hope I don't go beserk and kill someone before July comes because I can't see well and I am cranky.
* While mulling over how much to budget in June for food spending, I realized I could possible go the whole month and not spend anything on food.
I don't mean not buying food and eating just what is already here.....I mean I can use gift cards and store scrip I have to pay for groceries.
Here's what I have on hand to pay for groceries in lieu of withdrawing cash from the bank--
$25 gift card to Price Chopper(gotten last Fall at Church auction, I forgot I had this!)
$100 gift cards(2x$50) for Walmart(gotten free with c/c pts.)
$100 gift card for Target(ditto)
$20 in store scrip at local Shursave affiliate grocer(gotten with a promotion there last month)
That comes to $245.
Not quite enough to cover a $400 food budget for June but if paired with what is already here at the house it's highly do-able.
Well any notion of doing this went out the window last Wednesday when I hit 3 stores about spent $185+ total. lolz
I will use the Shursave scrip this month at least and as for the other gift cards, I'll play it by ear.
* I was contacted while on the way home from Louisiana last week by the Social Media Team at Chobani about participating in a campaign for the possibility of receiving some free yogurt.
The email started....."Hi Linda!"(Yes, with an exclamation mark.)
WTG Chobani Social Media Team. You want me to sell my soul to the Probiotic Devil for some over sugared yogurt(might, might not get this)and you can't even get my name correct.
Let's just put that big old "L" on the forehead now, shall we?
* I spent a couple of days out in the front yard trying to chop down the jungle of weeds that have sprouted up along our flower bed. Yes, whatever neighbors where peeking at me through their closed drapes got a full view of my BPWA(big pasty white ass)as I bent over and pulled and/or used scissors to hack off weeds(the ones I couldn't pull up by the roots due to my reduced hand strength).
Front flower bed before............
And the after on Sunday after we planted some flowers.......
I haven't heard of any increased incidents of eye injuries from gazing upon the BPW in the area so we all survived this adventure believe it or not. ;-)
* Do you know how long it takes a college student to unpack after moving back home for the Summer? Around here that would be 30 days.
And that "short" timeline is only because a not-so-nice, crazed mom I know(ahem, hem) started yelling after Day 30 of not being able to walk into his room. He had began annexing the upstairs hallway as well like some kind of mini-Hitler taking over Poland too, so I had to step in and put a stop to this.
Nein, nein, nein!
CB can't seem to fit all his clothing into his dresser/closet/downstairs hall closet. Now that's a sure sign that he has enough clothing.
* Despite going on a 2 week vacation, eating pretty much what I wanted to and not riding my exercycle I did NOT gain any weight. I am sure swimming 9 of the days we were gone helped.
Yay! I am back in the saddle now and back up to 2 miles a day on the bike.
Speaking of which I need to go log some miles now. 8-)
So what has been going on in your life lately?