Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rite-Aid Trip on 3/6/10.....Strange Register Voodoo Makes me Smile!

I took a trip to Rite-Aid on Saturday to get some SCR items for BIL's account.
Well, this store only had 1 SCR item left that I wanted, the Listerine Pocket Packs.

So I wandered around the aisles looking for what else I could buy as inexpensively as possible, to get me up to $20 so I could use the $5 off $20 Q.

I ended up doing the PREVACID Deal this trip as well, though I didn't need it to get to $20.  Now I know Prevacid will be on sale next week at Rite-Aid but since I am getting everything OOP back, except for the $4 they will deduct for the ManuQ that was with the Rebate form in the Parade Magazine, I'm not concerned.  No matter the OOP now, I'll get it back minus the $4 Q amount.

So here's what I bought....

4 x Kleenex Tissue on sale BOGO($2.49)=$4.98
1 x Ocean Saline Rinse on sale=$.99
1 x Colgate Toothpaste on sale=$2.49
1 x Colgate Toothbrush on sale=$2.49
1 x Prevacid 42ct.=$28.99
2 x Revlon Eye Shadow on sale BOGO($4.99)=$4.99
1 x Listerine Pocket Packs on sale=$3.99
2 x Ricola Cough Drops on sale($.99)=$1.98
SubTotal....$50.90


Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks IPQ=$5.00
1 x $1/4 Kleenex Tissue ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/3 Kleenex Tissue AdPerks IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate Toothpaste ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 any Oral Care over $1.99 Wellness IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate Toothbrush ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 any Oral Care over $1.99 Wellness IPQ=$1.00
1 x $2.90 10% off Wellness Discount on Prevacid=$2.90
1 x $10/1 Prevacid Manu IPQ=$10.00
1 x $10/1 Prevacid 42ct. AdPerks IPQ=$10.00
1 x $4/1 Prevacid Peelie Q=$4.00
2 x $2/1 Revlon Eye ManuQ=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Listerine Pocket Packs ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 any Oral Care over $1.99 Wellness IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/2 Ricola Cough Drops ManuQ=$1.00

Coupon Total....$42.00

$50.90-$44.90=$6.00 OOP

I have spent enough at Rite-Aid that I get an automatic 10% discount on any item I buy that isn't on sale.
That is why I received an additional $2.90 off the Prevacid that wasn't on sale.

You'll also notice that I used THREE coupons on the Prevacid.  I came armed with a ManuQ printed from the Prevacid website and an AdPerks Q...which doesn't look like your normal AdPerks Q.
The box of Prevacid also had a $4 Peelie Q on it.  After the cashier scanned the box she started to remove the Peelie so she could scan it.  I said not to bother with it since it was only for $4 and I already had 2 coupons to use on the Prevacid.  She then said that I could use that 3rd peelie Q for another discount on the item.  I attempted to argue(LOL)since the RA coupon policy I had said 2 Qs per item, not 3.  Cashier said that they always let people buying stuff use any peelies on the products, even if they have other Qs.
OK.....lol
I must have looked dubious so she called over the MOTD=Manager of the Day, and asked her.  She said fine, take all the Qs!
Gee....it's like I didn't WANT to use as many Qs as they would let me, huh?

So on my $28.99 Prevacid, I got a $2.90 wellness auto. 10% discount and $24 in coupons taken off.
So I paid $2.09 for the Prevacid!
And then I'll get $24.99 back for the MIR!!!

Like I said, $6 is what I was suppose to pay.
What I actually paid was $2.00 OOP.

When the cashier went to use any of the 3 Prevacid Qs, they beeped....peelie, AdPerk and ManuIPQ.
Every.
Last.
One.

So she tried taking off the Prevacid item and adding it back onto the transaction multiple times, trying different coupons against it.  One time 1 Q went through but not the next....so she kept putting on and taking off the Prevacid and assorted Qs.
Finally she called over the MOTD again and had her key in or authorize or whatever it's called all 3 coupons.
My register receipt ended up being about 3 ft long!lol
And my total was now $2.00 instead of the $6.00 I had calculated it would be.
But after all that....and holding up the line for 15 min.....I didn't want to argue again and spend more time redoing this disaster of a transaction, so I just shut my mouth, paid my 2 bucks and got the hell out of Dodge!lolol

The next day I went over the receipt and found the error....the cashier had added the $4 peelie Q discount once and hadn't taken the discount off again and then gave me the $4 Q discount again in the midst of the Prevacid coupon fiasco.
I figure, it all evens out in the end, since there are times they forget to use some of my Qs.
I got the better end of the stick this time....next time, who knows?

Ok, so I am OOP $2.00 for this transaction.
I qualified for a $3 SCR(Listerine) so this becomes a $1.00 Moneymaker!
Add in the $24.99 Prevacid MIR and I've got a $25.99 Overage...WOOT!!!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. nice, Nice, NICE!!!!!!

    I would never have thought of trying the peelie and my cashier didn't even ask if I wanted to, but I love that your register person basically insisted - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot, can I be sluggy jr?
    I went to my MIL's. She lives in a retirement community. So anywho, they have a coupon box! Glory be! So we go through everything and I tell her which ones to take and then I took her to CVS and Walgreens. She spent $20 and had half her table full of goodies. I had to argue with her a bit in the beginning and finally said just give me a chance. Some of the stuff she said she didn't use or was brand specific. But after she figured out that I was rolling the CVS cats and she had one transaction of $.56, she started listening!
    You are a wonderful teacher and you made me look soooo smart. She just laughed at me and was in disbelief. She had to take pictures of all of her goodies just to show off!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.